My New Pedometer and I

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 8. Jan 2016, 07:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
We seem to have a dysfunctional relationship.

I got a new one with good, if limited, intentions. I was determined to set it up myself but minute instructions and the need for a screwdriver meant I fell at the first hurdle. Now personally I think Mr SW has not exactly got this thing going right. Judge for yourselves.

1. Walked to bedroom – 0. Disappointing. I had hoped to establish a quick rapport with a machine that would make allowances for my limitations.

2. Put away two blouses – 5. Well, I'm sure it was rather more than 5 steps but OK for starters. At least we're up and...er....running.

3. Attached several pairs of socks to each other, virtually stationary – 21. The machine shot into action. Odd but encouraging :?

4. Got onto the bed and did 20 minutes worth of quads – 0 :o

5. Went to the bathroom for a widdle – 120 :shock:

6. Back to the kitchen to empty the washer virtually without moving my feet – 240 :lol:

Well, no prizes for guessing which two activities will comprise my new exercise regime 8)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Interesting.
    My mind is now imagining you doing a quick dance whilst seated on the throne!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :lol::lol: think you might need a new one..some measure the backward forwards waddle, but not the side to side..has for the quads well what can I say..not much of an incentive... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh dear!!

Not ideal for you is it Stickywicket? :(

Stupid thing!

Bin it!!

Can you tell the kind of mood I'm in today? :xmas_rolleyes:

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have a query: did you visit your bathroom for the widdle or did you trot round to a neighbour's to test their facilities? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    DD, I haven't trotted since I gave up horse riding :o And, if I was to try for my neighbours' bathrooms - all upstairs - I wouldn't give much for my chances :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pot80
    pot80 Member Posts: 109
    I have possessed one or two pedometers over the years. They all have limitations. My first a mechanical Japanese make I got on with quite well until the time I jumped off a style after which it ceased to function. On taking it to pieces I found that it operated via a thin copper strip turning a plastic serrated wheel.The jarring that I gave it had bent the copper strip so that it was not in contact with the wheel. Once fixed it took along time to get it calibrated again. The next one I possessed I got from a Christmas cracker and it worked well until the battery ran out and could not be replaced. Finally some years ago I bought a fairly basic GPS which suits me fine for outdoors. With a good signal can work indoors although I think that you would need to wear it all day in the home to get any degree of accuracy.