rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 13. Jan 2016, 12:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
At the age of 69 David Bowie has died.

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Really shocked to wake up and hear this today, one of the most influential arists of his generation. He only released an album which received very positive reviews last Friday, creating great music to the end.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I was totally stunned this morning when I turned on my computer and read the news. Another Icon gone, so sad that Cancer has snuffed out another life. R.I.P David Bowie
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Cancer may have snuffed out his life, but all the memories he left us will be in our hearts forever.

v048.gif

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    it was such a shock, even knowing he was ill..RIP David Bowie..
    Love
    Barbara
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    Very Sad News R-I-P
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I was shocked too. Great artistic talent of my generation. RIP, we love your music.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Terrible shock as I had no idea he was ill.

Starman was my introduction to music.

I love his music, from his Mod days through to his current but his early 70's era was the best. Having older siblings I grew up listening to his albums and would often return to listen on You Tube. I was a great fan of Mick Ronson too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • judijudi
    judijudi Member Posts: 8
    I had a very strange feeling come over me when I heard that he had died. Such a good part of my life was spent listening to whatever this wonderful chameleon came up with. Such a talent, such a loss. My heart goes out to his family.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk