Newbie, 25 year old with JIA..

conway07
conway07 Member Posts: 5
edited 23. Mar 2016, 23:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi Everyone! :D

My name's Clare and I'm 25 and suffer from JIA. I came on the forum to hopefully find other sufferers of similar age to discuss our everyday struggles and see it from their point of view.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums conway07 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I used to be 25 (far too many years ago now!) and don't have JIA but we all share the same kinds of experiences with our various conditions so you are talking to 'those in the know'.

My breakfast is ready - I have to go! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Clare

Coincidently, take a look at this post just approved from a new member, linked in case you miss it.

http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=46099

Mod B
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Clare. We do have several young people on here but the regulars tend to post more on the Living With Arthritis thread. I was diagnosed at 15 but that was 55 years ago now.

We also have a Young People's Forum but that attracts few threads as people seem to arrive, find nobody of their own age answering and either leave again or move over to LWA. Also, I guess being young, with arthritis and holding down a job leaves little time for forums.

It's true that, when you're young, things are much tougher because life is so much more different from your friends' lives. The same is true for older people but I think the pressures are fewer.

I hope that, one way or another, we can help. If you have specific questions LWA would be the place to put them.Hopefully some of our younger members will see and reply.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • conway07
    Thanks to everyone for all their warm welcoming onto the forum! :D

I will most definitely to a look into all the various threads, I appreciate you all sending me in the right direction. I was diagnosed at 15 after having a accident and its just within the last few months after suffering for 10years now my condition has just become hard to keep on top of due to numerous infections. It definitely has affected my confidence and at times leaves me disheartened. As we all share one in common though our good and bad days!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    The infections come with the territory. The meds allow them to sneak in but at least they dampen down the disease. Unfortunately they can also dampen down our spirits and it does all get a bit much at times but we understand where you're coming from and a kind word, from those in the know, does help at such times.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • conway07
    They definitely do and I think have been happening more frequently as I've been overworking myself therefore my body and immune system have suffered enormously. I'm extremely thankful for your kind words and helpful advice it has made today a better day!
  • CarlyRenshaw
    CarlyRenshaw Member Posts: 12
    Hi Clare, I have only just signed up to this forum my self today & I have come across your post I see that you are here for the exact same reason I am I also have systemic JIA and have joined this group to hear other people's stories, coping mechanisms and just to also not feel so alone any more. I am 20 years old now but if you would like to private message me at any point please feel free to do so we can exchange our stories and experiences.
    I hope all is well & look forward to hearing back from you
    Carly