Hi

Options
Kerris
Kerris Member Posts: 2
edited 5. Feb 2016, 04:26 in Say Hello Archive
Just wanted to say hi to all.
I've just been diagnosed with RA and about to have my first appointment with a rheumatologist. I was diagnosed by my GP and an orthopaedic surgeon - who then referred me to the rheumatologist. I have a positive rheumatoid factor and high CRP and ESA, I don't know the actual figures. I also have auto-immune hypothyroidism which I've been told could very well be connected. I'm 50.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I understand you won't see it this way but your diagnosis is a blessing in some ways because you have been quickly referred to a rheumatologist - I lost a year being bounced between orthopaedics and rheumatology but this was nearly twenty years ago and five years after my troubles began. I also had a high CRP and ESA but was negative for RF - it's a complicated world. :wink:

I remember there was a very informative thread posted on the LWA board (Living with Arthritis) by a past member about her first rheumatology appointment and what was involved: I will try to find it for you and 'bounce' it back to the top of LWA but not tonight as things are tough and I am cooking. I apologise. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes
    Mod B
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I've had RA for many years and, as DD says, it's good (though, no doubt, a bit bewildering) that things are happening so quickly for you as that will lead to the best possible outcome.

There's lots of info on here on the grey tabs above and we are here too to answer any questions we can and offer support and empathy. Living With Arthritis is the 'busiest' forum. Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright