New but old

DMTJ
DMTJ Member Posts: 8
edited 23. Feb 2016, 17:30 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

As the subject says, I'm new but old. What I really mean is I've not been reading much recently on the forum so I'd forgotten my user name etc. I'm back now and will be catching up full time. x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello again, whoever you are / were :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello again :) If you're an old hand you'll know the ropes both forum and arthritic. I hope you'll stick with us :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Again
    Give us an idea about yourself please DMJT so that if you ever need help we know where you stand.
    I hope you stay this time :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • DMTJ
    DMTJ Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

My name is Dorothy, I have had OA and RA for about 20 years. I am on Enbrel and Plaquenil (can't spell the long version), along with the usual painkillers. I also have an under active thyroid and high BP. (Think that's enough for now).
    As I said, I have been out of circulation for a while so I've a lot of reading and catching up to do. I'm always ready for any suggestions and tips.
    I don't know how the rest of you have coped with the Winter, it's been so wet. I can't wait for Spring/Summer. I always seem to feel better when the sun shines. D x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Dorothy and welcome back to the forum, dont worry about catching up.but i look forward to seeing your name around the forum ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Dorothy
    Thanks for the reply
    I've got OA, kyposcoliosis, osteoporosis, spinal stenosis and a fracture in my grerter trochanter bone which has left me onb crutches permanently.......I'm fine except for a horrible bug I'm trying to get rid of
    I'm always looking out for ideas on the forum

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello again :D Thanks for the info. I have RA and OA too.

If you want tips on all sorts of areas you could try the 'Managing Arthritis' tab above. If you've been awol for a while you probably missed the forum upgrade and that section in particular is so much better, more comprehensive and up to date than before.

Plus, of course, there's us :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you again! I have PsA, OA and fibromyalgia and take a triple therapy for the PsA. I have had Enbrel in the past but it didn't agree with me so now it's humira, injected meth and sulph tablets. I think we've all struggled with the winter weather, the damp and / or the cold is never helpful. I hope you have been looking around the forum but, as Barabara wisely said, there's no need to catch up because it's probably much as it ever was. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Dorothy
    Welcome back to the forum,we are still the supportive crowd we always have been.
    I have both OA and RA and have for about 12 years.Am on methotrexate and diclofenac.
    Had ankle replacement surgery 5 years ago and am now waiting for a new hip!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)