Ouch & ouch again!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 10. Mar 2016, 08:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
As I already told you my Rhummy apt was cancelled last week for what would have been today, my left knee decided to lock up in the early hours of Thursday morning and took a good 45mins to unlock slowly and was extremely painful all day. And now my left hip decided to lock up at not long after 4am this morning and is extremely painful and clicky this morning! Could this be happening due to the cold damp weather or something else? Going to chase Rheumatologist nurse up today as haven't heard back from her since last phone call.

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds so painful, Bubba. I hope you manage to get hold of your rheumatology nurse.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That sounds awful. Hope you managed to get some help from your rheumy nurse.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    As you may remember I have OA and not RA but like everyone else on here I am sadly too familiar with pain as, indeed, you are.

I hope you have managed to get some answers and a plan of action going forward. I also sincerely hope you get some sleep. In the meantime, here's some ((( ))) for you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello bubba..its so painful and I feel for you, my hip and back lock up the back more like a spasm..you ring your rheumy up and get across to them the pain you are in...good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Woke up this morning to my right knee being locked up! Even after a big effort to getting it to unlock it's still extremely painful still this morning I keep welling up with the pain when trying gingerly to move about with my walker. Going to leave yet another message on my Rheumatologists nurses answer phone this time explaining about my knee's keep locking up and needing to see either her or my consultant as soon as. Hopefully she will be bothered to ring me back.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Locking joints is not unknown and is always painful so ouch indeed. This could be more of a mechanical problem than a meds one, have you been to orthopaedics in the past? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben