hello Im Stephanie and new to the forum :)

mrsbaldwin14
mrsbaldwin14 Member Posts: 6
edited 29. Mar 2016, 06:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone!

I'm Stephanie :) newly diagnosed with OA looking for some advice and some friends who understand Arthur!

Hope You're All Well!

Stephanie xxx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Stephanie

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Modonfriday :balloon:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hello Stephanie and welcome aboard. It can be a bit quiet at the weekend but as Modonfriday has said they are lovely people here, a great support team to have on your side when the going gets tough.
    Have a read around, and if you have questions then Living with arthritis is the best place to post.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have an auto-immune arthritis and the joint damage from that has led to OA in some useful places. I am nineteen years in now so have plenty of experience of this malarkey.

What has your GP prescribed to help? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Stephanie :D We certainly understand arthritis on here so you've come to the right place. I do hope we can help you come to terms with it and enjoy life despite its limitations.

If you've any questions, put them on the Living With Arthritis forum. Join in anywhere on any thread. Chit Chat is for non-arthritis stuff. You might find some useful info on the 'Managing Arthritis' tab above.

I hope to see you around :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Trea
    Trea Member Posts: 28
    Hello,
    big wave :-) I am also new to OA but this has been a great place for me, so a huge welcome.
    Trea from London
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Hello and welcome Stephanie! I have found this forum invaluable and hope you do too
    Fay
    x
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forums, you might find our page on osteoarthritis useful for a place to get some more information. There is also a great booklet which might help you too. I know the forum members will make you feel very welcome
    https://goo.gl/E4TW7u
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Stephanie and a warm welcome from me, you just jump in and ask away...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Stephanie
    Welcome to the forums and as others have said post on the forum "Living with Arthritis" that's where you will get answers
    As for looking for people who understand.....you've come to the right place :lol: We've all got it......All different kinds but all arthritis and pain is pain

Love
    Hileena
  • sam36
    sam36 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Stephanie and all the people here!

I too have just joined, and instead to posting another hello thread thought i'd say hello here! Anyway i hope to find some much needed info here to help an elderly relative who has arthritis.

Best wishes,
    Samantha.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi Sam 36 and welcome to the forum as well. If there is anything specific you wold like to ask please start a thread and we will do our best to support you. Meanwhile you could take a look around our website here and it may help you to formulate you questions.
    https://goo.gl/E1XR4l
    Best wishes
    Moderator Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, you may be overlooked by some who don't spot your post but not by me. :wink: I have two kinds of arthritis, an auto-immune and the joint damage from that has led to osteo in some useful places. What kind does your relative have? DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Sam. Welcome from me, too. How can we help? Have you tried looking on here https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/managing-arthritis ? Just ask away, preferably on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people will see your post there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sam36
    Thanks for the welcome, golly very friendly here :D

Will take a good look around this site, so thanks again.

btw,my relative has inflammation in her joints (Hands)
  • dreamdaisy
    Inflammation doesn't necessarily narrow the field as it affect can those with either OA or an auto-immune kind - does your relative take anything for it? Is she seeing a rheumatologist or her GP? Arthritis is a complicated condition :wink: . DD
  • sam36
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Inflammation doesn't necessarily narrow the field as it affect can those with either OA or an auto-immune kind - does your relative take anything for it? Is she seeing a rheumatologist or her GP? Arthritis is a complicated condition :wink: . DD

Hi, she sees her GP.
    And is taking some cream & when the pain is awful she takes ibuprofen.
  • dreamdaisy
    GPs deal with osteo arthritis so that may be the culprit here. I take it the cream is rubbed into her joints? Do you know its name? Ibuprofen is one of the NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) which can be prescribed or bought over-the-counter. DD