I would like to be the new face of Immodium.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Mar 2016, 06:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, actually, I wouldn't but I suspect my phyzog might be more representative which is why I don't stand a chance. :wink:

(Adopt strong Geordie accent for reading the next sentence.)

'It's day five in the Big Bathroom House and DD is not feeling the strain, in fact no strain has been involved for some days now.'

Both of us succumbed over the past weekend to a vile stomach bug which is going around our town. He is coping relatively well (he is still going to work) whereas yours truly is amazed she still weighs as much as she does despite losing around 6lbs ( I feel at least three stones lighter). Despite giving up all food groups known to man (and some women) my arthritises (is there a plural?) are still giving me gip because they always sense an opportunity to remind me they are there. As if I didn't know it. :roll:

I did the right thing today and rang my GPs, knowing full-well they couldn't help: one of the docs rang back and confirmed that there is a bug going around (well DUH), nothing can be done (well DUH) and I shouldn't meth tomorrow (you get my drift). I've left a message on my rheumatology (or should that be rhumatology? :wink: ) Helpline to the same effect and know perfectly well I won't hear from them because this is hardly a crisis. And it isn't but . . . .

FCOL*. Enough already, yes? :lol: I sit here, drooping and wilting over my keyboard, sweaty and whey-faced despite the immodium. I am trying to cook a meal I don't want to eat but am definitely not up to strutting around in my high heels and short frock whilst some lackey empties a water-laden shop awning as I swan past, all better and sans cork thanks to a dose of immodium. DD

* FCOL = for crying out loud.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oooh, nasty sounding bug, DD, and I hope it doesn't linger. Last time I had anything like that it turned out to be campylobacter (sp. ? ) and I got a letter from Environmental Health advising me to wash my hands frequently until things cleared up, as if I didn't already know that. Apparently it's a notifiable disease.

These bugs are so debilitating, so be kind to yourself until you feel better.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    (Despite giving up all food groups known to man (and some women) my arthritises (is there a plural?) )

Could it be Arthriti ?

Hope you feel better very soon X
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Cinders, you SHALL be the new face of immodium though I'm not sure it's the face that features.

It sounds horrible but you are used to horrible. Drink copious amounts. (Water, alas) and rest. You shall go to the ball. ! Not this one, though..
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Cinders, you SHALL be the new face of immodium though I'm not sure it's the face that features.

Cheeky

:wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    How are things today? Better I hope.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for replying, you kindly and lovely people. I kid you not, it has not been fun despite my attempts to add humour to the situation, this time it was a struggle because I have been under a cosh of a different nature : I'm used to the arthritis cudgel but a gut one? :shock: That is a very different kind of game and far from fun but today things have been better.

We've had a pleasant day, we wandered down to our 'local' for lunch, I elected to rollate because the exercise would be useful and he carried my gilet which I knew I wouldn't need but he insisted I took - and he carried it home, unworn. The temperature was in double figures albeit with the occasional chilly breeze: he was wearing a Tshirt, a fleece-lined woolly cardigan and a gilet (and, before you ask, trousers) whereas I had a thick-ish cotton top plus jeans. I asked why he needed all that top insulation and he responded he wasn't a menopausal woman. :roll: I haven't been for around six years but hey, why do I think he would notice? :lol:

I have no doubt that the saga of the Erard and her re-birth has accentuated my current situation, not on the 'gut' front but definitely on the arthritic and emotional one. Even Mr DD has been touched in a way I thought was not possible, based as it is on sentiment. He don't do that 'nonsense' (well, I thought so but I may be wrong). DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Good thing you are living life on the level now? You have my sympathy for your recent affliction - over the years my IBS has given me many opportunities to experience what it's like to have a stomach bug without the bother of acquiring a germ!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Glad to see you are feeling better DD..not much fun at all..one of the wards at the hospital had been closed down with the same and was being steamed cleaned...you take care..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Oooo Barbara, I wouldn't mind being steam-cleaned. :| I keep thinking I'm better so I start doing things and all-to-soon find out I'm not. I'm doing the ironing, as in iron three items then rest, iron three more then rest etc. Mr DD is languishing in the bath . . . nice life if you can get it. It's his work shirts I'm flogging through . . . . DD