more news on Migs kidney problems

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 14. Apr 2016, 13:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
On easter saturday I received a letter from the urology consultant (copy to gp) it said blah blah and the right ureter was partially obstructed as it came round the cyst and that the kidney may be partially obstructed ,none of this was put in letters before so its news to both me and gp,the consultant is ordering another ivu and sending a copy of the letter to the gynaecology department to see if they would do anything with the cyst even though it is a small 4.8 cm simple cyst but this depends on what the ivu shows again.My gp ,who I saw this morning is ordering bloods every month till this is sorted so she can keep an eye on kidney function and parathyroid which is behaving with the vitamin D. Mig

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Pleased to see that your GP is keeping an eye on things while this is sorted, Mig.

I'm going through my own kidney problems at the moment - stones and benign tumours - so it's all go. I had a CT scan with contrast and will see the urologist next week for the results.

All the best.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    What a turn-up for the books that must have been. Why wasn't this spotted during all the investigations you underwent? Docs are fallible but this is surprising.

I have no wise words to offer, Mig, but I sincerely hope something can be sorted sooner or later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    I have received an appointment to have an intravenous urogram on april 12 th at 3.00 o'clock,I didn't have to wait as long as I thought i would for this app, so if anyone is free for pocket duties you will be most welcome.The day after we are going to our sons for a few days. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I'm glad you've not had long to wait, Mig, and I hope it all goes well for you. I'm happy to hop into your pocket on the day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Count me in too my lovely and I hope you have a lovely time at your son's. DD
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Will be there for pocket duties as well mig.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Will be with you mig in your pocket.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in Mig..and I am glad to see they are keeping an eye on you..unlike they did with me when I started with kidney probs..good luck...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck, mig. I'll be there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Bubbles will be there xx p032.gif
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mig
    Thanks everyone,I've just had my last cuppa till after the x-Ray this one said no food or drink for 6 hours prior to your procedure ,this one is an X-Ray where they inject a dye,why couldn't I have had an earlier app ,still had toast and a biscuit ,calling in at the choppy on the way home.
    Still got to pack we are going to our sons tomorrow to look after the grandchildren while mum and dad go away for a few days.
    See you all later got big pockets. Mig.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Hope all goes well
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry only just found this. Hope all went well today. x
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello my lovely, how was it? I hope you enjoy your few days away with your grandchildren, I think they are older now so hopefully you won't be running after them too much! DD
  • stickywicket
    Thinking of you, mig. Hope it went well.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Went fine the worst part was not eating and drinking for what turned out to be seven and a half hours just got to wait for letter they wouldn't tell me anything .Now on the train down to London and we are in first class and had breakfast,smashing.How posh are we.Grandchildren are 13 and nearly 15 not quite old enough to eat left on their own mum and dad are going to friends for a couple of nights so I'm in charge and they know they can get anything they want . Take care all Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hope all went well Mig, and the results will be good..bet you have have enjoyed spending time with your GC... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    I can only echo Barbara's thoughts. I hope you can just put it all behind you while you find your inner child for a few days :bouncing-ball:
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I'm glad it's over for you Mig, and I hope the results ate good.

Enjoy your time with your grandchildren.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Hope you don't have to wait too long for the results.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'm sure I'm not reading that properly but your grandchildren aren't old enough to eat? :lol: Bet they can't wait for mum and dad to leave and you are in charge. Hope you don't have to wait long for your results. xx
    Christine