First post

Tobiegirl
Tobiegirl Member Posts: 5
edited 11. May 2016, 19:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there, I was diagnosed as having Psoriatic arthritis back in 2012.
Have psoriasis from 1999 Pitted nails which also crumbled and came off, joint pains since around 1995. Long standing history of lower back pain and knees and left hand pain which both from time to time are swollen and hot. I'm in a wheelchair how ever apparently I have Myelopathy-spastic paraparesis and FND which caused the leg weakness.

Got another Rheumatologist 2014 who said Thoracolumbar MRI showed no evidence of inflammatory spondyloarthropathy . She injected both knees with 1% lignocaine and 40mgs of Depo-medrone. A few times I'm confused and depressed. Glad I found this site though apparently I joined a few years back obviously forgot cause I have memory problems. Phoned the support group and hopefully I am going to my first meeting on the 12th. So just thought I'd say hi.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Tobiegirl from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

I'm sure you will gain some great support from your local AC branch, good luck.

Best wishes

Mod John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello it's lovely to meet you and I hope the forum can help with information and support. I too have PsA but not with much of the P (I have had trouble in the past with some toenails falling off which has ceased, probably thanks to the meds). The joint damage has led to OA in some useful joints so my mobility is not what it could be but hey, whose is? :wink:

I too struggle with my concentration and memory probably thanks to pain. Life trundles on regardless whether we are able to cope with it or not, yes? I hope you find your first meeting useful, please let us know how you get on. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello tobiegirl and welcome from me, too. I also hope you'll find us helpful and useful though I admit I've no idea what Myelopathy-spastic paraparesis and FND is..... or are. Is it connected with the PsA? I don't recall hearing anyone mention it before.

I hope you enjoy your meeting :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Lovely to meet you Tobiegirl

You sound to have an awful lot going on healthwise. I hope you find the meeting useful.

Welcome to our forum :)

I hope you find it as supportive and useful as I have over the years.

Love

Toni xxx
  • Tobiegirl
    moderator wrote:
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Tobiegirl from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

I'm sure you will gain some great support from your local AC branch, good luck.

Best wishes

Mod John

Thanks for the welcome John , The lady who runs the local AC branch rang me and she couldn't have been nicer , she gave me a rundown on what happens at the group and totally put me at ease, (I haven't been great about meeting people I don't know) I am looking forward to going.

Regards Jane
  • Tobiegirl
    Hi Toni It has taken me a long time to ask for help and reading the messages that I have received I found very touching. Thank you, keep well.

Best wishes

Jane
  • Tobiegirl
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello it's lovely to meet you and I hope the forum can help with information and support. I too have PsA but not with much of the P (I have had trouble in the past with some toenails falling off which has ceased, probably thanks to the meds). The joint damage has led to OA in some useful joints so my mobility is not what it could be but hey, whose is? :wink:

I too struggle with my concentration and memory probably thanks to pain. Life trundles on regardless whether we are able to cope with it or not, yes? I hope you find your first meeting useful, please let us know how you get on. I wish you well. DD

Hi Dreamdaisy, thank you for the welcome , trying to figure out how to answer messages so hope everyone will bear with me. Looking forward to my first AC meeting sooo glad I finally took the step to reach out.

I have been blaming my poor memory on the tabs and FND who knows I also have depression , I have just about
    given up worrying about it. Lol

You are the first human being on the planet that I have spoken to that has PsA and P also it's nice to meet you. Keep well

regards Jane
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Tobiegirl, and welcome. I hope you find lots of empathy and support from those of on here.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're more than welcome, the forum is about encouragement and support because all of us on here have some insight about the challenges of life even if our conditions and how they affect us vary. Living with arthritis is arduous to say the least! I hope you enjoy the group meeting, remember that everyone there that you see was aslo once new and probably nervous. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Tobiegirl
    Sorry this is late but just want to welcome you to the forum, :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Tobiegirl and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it very helpful , which I am sure you will. Everyone is so kind and supportive, which makes a huge difference.
    XXX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).