festival season!! :D

Options
bluebell
bluebell Member Posts: 25
edited 28. Jun 2016, 12:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Totally not arthritis related.... We're off to Download Festival today. Been to every single one ever. Doing Bloodstock in august too. So stupidly excited!!!

Biggest differences this year is the stock pile of pain killers I've packed, the fold up chair I'll take into the arena, and the fold up stick I'll hide in my bag just in case :/ we always camp with a group of about 12 others that we only see at festivals. They don't know about the arthritis so I guess I may have to go through the 'explainy' bit too at some point, yuk.

Don't suppose anyone else is going this year? If you are, shout up and I'll meet you in the pit for rammstein ;)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a brilliant post bluebell..you have got me all excited for you.. :D I wont be there but I am sure you are going to enjoy this come what may..you let us know how it went when you get back...suppose its no use saying try to pace yourself.. :lol: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bluebell
    Options
    Thanks for the link, is a great little guide :) I've always been the sensible festival type anyway. We go vip camping so no walking with stuff, and these days we take a little campervan even.

My idea of frivolity is the afternoon tea I have planned for everyone when we're set up later today... Long island iced tea instead of a pot, gin and tonic cupcakes, miniature shots of beer jelly I made, and boozy fruitcake.... I guess its what your cal glamping ;)

I'll probably post over the weekend and share how I'm getting on x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Thanks for that guide Sharon

My youngest Lucy at 18 has tickets for the V Festival and I was already worrying!! I doubt she could put a tent up anyway without duff hip and duffer shoulder!!

Bluebell you have a great time :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Hello sounds wonderful! I also take Arthur to a festival with me each summer - not Download but I am going to a lovely festival called Larmer Tree with my parents (we go every year with and this year we are taking my nephew and sister for a few days too). Love a good festi, and this will be my second year using crutches - I have mastered 'crutch-dancing' (kind of a leaning back, bopping manoeuvre which seems to work the waist a bit) although if my mom gives me sticky-crutch by spilling pimms on me again I will not be happy (last experienced when we saw Fun Loving Criminals in May :lol: )

Hope you've had a great weekend and the rain stays off. I'm thinking of investing in a tippling stick for this summer (a walking stick with a hidden flask!!)
    :cheers:
  • bluebell
    Options
    well.... it was SO muddy.... but awesome as ever. too muddy and rainy for the chair, so didn't use that. I did use the stick for the last 2 days though and it made such a difference, i'm really pleased I did.

the biggest problem when it rains in a crowd of 80k metal heads is that everyone wears black waterproofs making it impossible to spot anyone you're with in the crowd... the stick came in handy there too... waving it around over my head to get the attention of whoever happened to have just run off to the bar and can't find us again :)

.....roll on bloodstock in august now!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    When I went to Glastonbury it was very muddy but it was part of the appeal.

Glad you had a great time at Drownloads

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    bluebell you got there and did it..good for you..maybe a flag next time to put on the end of your stick...
    Love
    Barbara