Humira and health care at home

Eagle
Eagle Member Posts: 14
Hi
I am in the UK Wales and my Dr has decided to put me on Humira.
They have taken the bloods and xrays. They said that a company called health care at home would deliver and show me how to use the pens. does any body know how long the health care nurse takes to make the appointment and come to show you how to inject? A lot of reports say that health care at home is not a very good, fast or reliable company. your opinion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Eagle and welcome to Arthritis Care.

If you have any technical problems in using the forums, do get in touch.

There is a web site for Health Care at Home that may be of some help https://www.hah.co.uk/ and there are 3 centres listed in the Swansea/Llanelli area, but none for Carmarthen.

I look forward to reading your posts on the forum
    Best wishes

Mod Bryn
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello eagle and welcome from me, too. I'm not a member of the Helplines team just an ordinary forum member but I recall we used to have a lot of people complaining about the unreliability of HaH but they've stopped now and my impression is that things are mostly OK. You could try asking on the Living With Arthritis forum where more forum members will see your post.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Eagle
    Eagle Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the advice
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Eagle

Many thanks for your post, having read stickywickets response there seems little that I can add.

If you post on the ‘Living with arthritis’ forum, more members will see your post and hopefully you will receive more replies: http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=8

If at any point you would like to talk to us on our Freephone Helpline: 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10-4) you are welcome to do so. If you prefer you can email: helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk

Best wishes
    Lynda