Occupational Health referral

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 15. Jun 2016, 14:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

So im taking the day off work due to bad flare up of my OA, called into work to see if I can be reffered to OH to see if adjustments can be made to reduce time off work, as im an office worker so am sitting down for upto 7 hours (I take as many breaks as I can).

The impression I got from my manager is one off been fobbed over for a referral, but would speak to HR "to see if anything can be done" (these were her words).

Is there anything I can do, OH may not be needed but I want to try and reduce taking off time from work as much as possible.

TLF

Comments

• Popsmith1874
    Popsmith1874 Member Posts: 29
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there your quite right and your manager should be more helpful ,dont let him fob you off as its your right,hope you get on alright
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,363
    According to the government website 'An employer has to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to avoid you being put at a disadvantage compared to non-disabled people in the workplace. For example, adjusting your working hours or providing you with a special piece of equipment to help you do the job.' https://www.gov.uk/rights-disabled-person/employment
  • TheLordFlasheart
    According to the government website 'An employer has to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to avoid you being put at a disadvantage compared to non-disabled people in the workplace. For example, adjusting your working hours or providing you with a special piece of equipment to help you do the job.' https://www.gov.uk/rights-disabled-person/employment

May have to bring that up, going to see Citizens Advice tomorrow after work and see what they say.

Would my condition come under the Equality act 2010?
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    My understanding is that arthritis does come under the Equality Act - particularly once you declare yourself as having a disability to your employer.
    They have a duty of care to send you to the OH
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Just been to see Citizens Adivce, and I am indeed fully covered under Equalities Act 2010, and my employer already knows about my OA, so will again be pushing for OH referral and speaking to HR direct.
  • TheLordFlasheart
    **Update**

Spoke to my TM and HR have advised I get a workplace assesment completed and will go on from there, which should be done tomorrow.

One extra worry is 3 more sick absence and it triggers a discinplinary (5 sick absence in a 12 month period is the trigger, so far I've had 2). My manager said not to worry, but I am as I dont know when my next flare up will be.

Who's Online

9 Guests