How many more ???

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 22. Jun 2016, 04:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
oh my this last week has been a nightmare its one thing after another last Tuesday we had a major breakdown on our sky broadband and phone in our area on Tuesday which was out for over 12 hrs. On Wednesday got up we have broadband back but no phone so contacted them find out we needed a new microfilter sent out so had to wait until today to get phone back. Also on Wednesday I had a very sore mouth full of ulcers due to the fact that I have a couple of broken teeth with some sharp edges need to go to dentist but cannot afford it is also giving me a really dry mouth to make it even worse tonight I end up with the dreaded diarrhoea, whats next cos we supposed to be going on holiday a week on Friday. am feeling so sorry for myself at the moment and totally fed up sorry for the rant just needed to let it all out. :(
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear Carol

You poor thing!

Sounds like you are desperately in need of your break more than ever!

Broadband and phone issues are now, (hopefully), in the past, but the holiday is in the future. Something to look forward to.

If it's any consolation - today we are moving house :shock:

Sending you a hug and hoping you feel much more yourself soon (()).

Love

toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Toni
    I'm sure everything will sort itself out I just think everything has got to me lately and I am afraid Mr Turbo is not a very sympathetic person at times and it always seems to be me who has to deal with all this while he gets on with what he wants to do but I suppose that's men for you .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    There are few things in life so disruptive to marital harmony than the loss of broadband - well, it is so at our age, Carol :wink:

Ulcers are horrible and broken teeth even worse. I have no words of wisdom but I do hope things ease up soon and I wish you a good, relaxing holiday :deckchair:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww Carol you are going through it..I hope you can get your teeth sorted its terrible the prices they charge....we never used to think twice about going there..I hope you have a really good break away you really do need it..same here if the broadband goes down OH wouldn't miss it....x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Ladies I love this forum you can go weeks without posting and yet when you want to rant and let it all out you will always get a reply and support to others.
    Sticky yes I agree about teeth funny thing is I have no pain from them at the present and the ulcers are clearing up with using salt water rinses in the mouth but I am have this really dry mouth that is causing problems.
    Barbara the problem was that with out the microfilter we could only have either the phone working or the broadband and as both mr turbo and myself both use the internet quite a lot so the choice we made was was well lets have that rather than the phone as we both have mobiles.

things are looking slightly better today as I managed to get a doctors appointment this morning and managed to get a prescription for a artificial synthetic mouth spray so hopefully during the next couple of days things should ease and dentist can then hopefully be sorted when I have been on hols and managed to save up so cash. both internet and phone are both working so that's good. thank you all again for your replies they helped a lot :D:D:lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    a good thing to come out of the dry mouth making it difficult to deal with and having the bouts of upset tummy I weighed in at my slimming world tonight and I have lost 3.5 lbs :o making me just 1/2 lb above the lower level of my target range. I would love to maintain next Tuesday then I can go on holiday right at the bottom and not worry about any small gain I may have after :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Well you've had a challenging few days by any stretch of the imagination. However, things seem to be improving now which is great. Well done on the weight loss - as you say it'll give you a bit of lee-way for your holiday. Hope you have a lovely break.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm glad things are looking brighter, Carol. And well done on the weight loss. Now go and enjoys your hols. I'll have one of those lovely 'proper' ice cream cornets, please :bouncing-ball:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright