Have you voted yet ?

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 24. Jun 2016, 00:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
We'll have you,if you don't vote then your opinions don't count.
Did mine at 8oclock and it was busy ,going to get interesting. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Not yet, mig. Usually it's an early morning job for us but we have to stay in this morning as the insurer's people are coming to give an estimate for the fence that was destroyed.

It'll be this afternoon for that and the weekly supermarket run.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Just off to vote now Mig...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Yep, I was in there before 8, a local pub, the three men doing the vote were all looking glum, I said if they were going to spend all day in the pub then at least smile!

Its all over bar the shouting, tomorrow will see us with a democratic result.

:cheers:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    We both have postal votes, so did it ages ago.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Airwave! wrote:
    Yep, I was in there before 8, a local pub, the three men doing the vote were all looking glum, I said if they were going to spend all day in the pub then at least smile!

You are obviously far too young to recall the old '50's song 'A Pub With No Beer'. (“There's nothing so lonesome, morbid or dreer than to stand in the bar of a pub with no beer”)

I imagine sitting in a pub with lots of forbidden beer is even worse. :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Voted to remain after work.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Voted at 7.40 am before I attempted to get to work, turned round and came home after it took me nearly 2 hours to do 4 miles. Chaos due to flash flooding.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    My Lord Flasheart you must really love your job if you voted to remain after work rather than go home!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Three men in a pub with no beer, they obvisiously never did the ' make your own arrangements' course! Wink, wink....

• TheLordFlasheart
    Early results are predicted to show we want to leave the the EU. All those "facts" and blatant lies have now to be kept by Vote Leave campaign.

I noticed that Scotland backed to remain, so I may move there, they have been more sensible than rest of us.
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Slosh wrote:
    My Lord Flasheart you must really love your job if you voted to remain after work rather than go home!

Not really, had no other choice as I start at 8 am, and have to get my train at 7am