Shock today

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 11. Jul 2016, 04:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
My 2-doors up neighbour died this morning. Heart attack. First I knew was when Maureen (my immediate neighbour) rang me at 6am as she was worried all the emergency vehicles were for me.

There was an ambulance and Police car outside and numerous other cars. Both Maureen and I could tell something was seriously wrong.

I went back to bed to try and get back to sleep but it was hopeless. By the time I was up, washed, dressed and had fed the cat it was 7am. Shortly after that the ambulance went, more family arrived and then a private ambulance driven by undertakers. That backed up onto the relevant drive and 10 minutes later drove slowly away.

James was in his mid-fifties. He'd had a cardiac history, with more than one heart attack in the past but he was healthy, kept himself fit and was a pleasant, polite man. He had a wife, two adult sons, one adult daughter (all married) plus grandchildren.

I went to work absolutely stunned. Today is 20 weeks since my John dropped to the floor in front of me with his cardiac arrest (triggered by his huge pulmonary embolism) so I can well imagine what Maria (James' wife is going through now). Needless to say this has brought back very bad memories for me. Everyone in the road is so shocked; they've not recovered from John's passing and now we have lost another member of the community.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Grace!

How dreadful :(

I am so sorry for his family, who will be devastated, for the community too, who are still not over the shock of the loss of your own John. :(

But you? It will of course have brought it all back for you and it probably feels as though it has 'just happened' all over again.

I am sending you some ((())) and a little extra strength to cope with this shock

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    How very sad Grace..and such a shock to everyone ..sending you some more hugs to top up the ones Toni sent...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    How sad for all concerned, and what a shock it must have been for you while your own grief is still raw.

Take care.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    How sad for his family, and of course it threw you as well. Take care
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    Thank you. Yes, it was very upsetting. I've yet to speak to Maria (James' widow) as I've either been flat out, or she's been busy with visitors or out herself. The community are still shocked by Tuesday's events and my neighbours are now back to providing me with support due to the bad memories this brought back for me.

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Of course they are Grace because you'll need it again ((()))

What a great community you are in. I am sure they'll be doing the same for Maria if needed, obviously she will be inundated ATM.

Still thinking of you

Toni xxx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    such terrible news, sending many hugs at this sad time. Difficult for all. I am glad that the community is so responsive and helpful to you and Maria. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • GraceB
    Thank you all. I've heard tonight it's likely that Maria will have to move due to financial reasons, plus the house is far too big for her. We'll all miss her but I believe she'll be nearer her daughter which will be a great help to her.

GraceB
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm very sad to read this and sorry that you have had to deal with it all so soon after losing your husband. It can't be easy for you and your family.

My Dad had his first Heart attack at 58 and it was an almighty shock but he was lucky enough to recover and enjoy early retirement and have a few more years (sadly only a few but I was grateful for that).

Take care Grace,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    That is so very sad for his family and for yourself. Things WILL one day feel better. One day at a time........