'Storage solutions' update

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 27. Aug 2016, 04:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thanks to all who replied to my earlier thread. We heard yesterday that the the bungalow we really wanted was, once more, back on the market. It's a long, boring story but, briefly, this is the one which will need least adapting and will be most easy to live in. Storage might not be a problem after all.

Thanks anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck Sticky - if this is " the One," I really hope you get it!
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hope it all works out for you. Please keep us up to date.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    May the force of the forum be with you.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Fingers crossed Sticky, hope it works out for you.
    Even if space for storage won't a problem as such, there's no harm in making sure that it works easily for you - futureproofing so to speak.
  • stickywicket
    mig wrote:
    May the force of the forum be with you.

:o That has to be an irresistible force :D

Thanks, all. I'm sure I'll be using some of the newly-found and re-discovered ideas but the immediate pressure will be nowhere near as great with this bungalow.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Brilliant news for you SW..I am so glad to hear its need the less work doing..now you can concentrate on the move ..did you get the boxes sorted...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Barbara, I'm surrounded by them :lol: We opted to sort, chuck and pack as early as possible so as not to have a last minute frenzy. Mr SW had fun the other day hammering to smithereens a large bookcase/cupboard/cabinet, which would have fallen to bits anyway if we'd tried to take it with us, so we at least now have room to store all the boxes.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I hope you manage to get the bungalow, will be keeping my fingers crossed.
    Have you reached the stage yet when the boxes seem to be taking up more space than everything you have packed in them?

You have probably already thought of this but when I have moved house I pack, label and make sure it is one of the first boxes unloaded an "essentials "box", tea, coffee, milk, sugar, kettle, mugs and biscuits.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    We have reached the middle stage where, in addition to boxes round us we are struggling to access the dining table - a pity as we have guests for a meal tonight 8)

All the 'removal advice' sites suggest an emergency bag of basic essentials. One included a bottle of fizz to celebrate with but I think, by that stage, I'll prefer the arthritic version - tea and cocos. Also, as we're moving near son and dil, I might delegate the 'basic bag' task. I've already had to stay his hand on getting a builder in to adapt the steps into the house (I'd rather give my own instructions even if it means a week or so of being hauled up) and I've assured him I can live with the red paint for a while. After all, the contract isn't signed yet :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Your mention of "fizz" reminds me of a friend who moved house a few days before Christmas, never ideal especially with a couple of children. When they got into their new house the previous owners had left a fully decorated Christmas Tree, lights and all, a big tin of quality street for the children and a bottle of champagne.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    We could have recycled the bookcase to help with kitchen rebuild.