Packing large pictures

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
edited 30. Aug 2016, 16:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
You all gave me some great ideas for removal boxes. We bought some big ones and keep fetching banana boxes home from the supermarket. Our dining room is now full of packed boxes.

Now, what about large pictures in glass frames? Any suggestions? We have about half a dozen.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Loads of bubble wrap secured with packing tape. That's what we did with ours and they survived intact. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Thick sheets of polystyrene taped to the front and back then wrap...not my idea but one of our neighbours..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    We did ours with towels in between and then wrapped in bubble wrap and clingfilm
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    We used DD's method and it worked well.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    Thank you, once again, all you kind people. We now know how to tackle them - in several different ways if necessary. Tomorrow might be 'picture day' :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Think we used poppy plastic - loads and loads of it! It did the trick. The removal firm we used were very good and a large mirror was wrapped in their blankets, protected even more and then tied to the inside of the lorry so it didn't move. It arrived in one piece - although we only moved from one side of the town to the other. I think your move SW is rather more of a drive!

Sounds like you are getting on okay with the packing though. I expect you may have found some treasures you'd forgotten you had?

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!