Hello

Options
Mystic07
Mystic07 Member Posts: 19
edited 9. Nov 2016, 09:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

My name is Cath and I'm just about to have my first TKR on the 17th November. I'm a bit nervous so I'm delighted to find this forum. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts and advice. All advice will be gratefully received.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to the Arthritis Care Forums, Cath, from the moderation team.

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

17th November is very soon, but you have come to the right place for support with your impending TKR. Please do join in wherever you like, you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I can understand the nerves - it's a big (excuse the pun!) step. I have not had one yet (I need both doing) but I know from reading of others' experiences on here that if they do as they are told, exercise conscientiously and don't rush things the outcome can be very good indeed. I wish you well and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hey, go for it, Cath :D I've had three and every one brilliant. I got RA aged 15 hence the number of TKRs. My first two went in in 1981 and I still have one of them.

My advice would be to do the exercises before 9to get the muscles as strong as possible) and after and then be guided by the surgeon and physio. Don't try to ...er...run :wink: before you can walk. Don't push things too quickly but do expect the early exercises to be painful. You'll get there. And good luck. Please let's know how it goes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright