Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Did you know a steam iron weighs about 3lbs?

GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
edited 21. Nov 2016, 16:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why am I giving you this inane fact? :?:

Well, I have three and a half pounds to lose to get to my target weight. Out of curiosity I googled what weighed three pounds? Surprisingly, a steam iron came up, a 2-slice toaster and a box of wine!

So, I'm a steam iron away from completing my weight loss journey. :lol:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,239 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You'll do it Grace!!

Funny that - I thought a box of wine was heavier than a steam iron :?

Perhaps because it has handles???

Love

Toni xx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • TurbogranTurbogran Posts: 1,898
    :D Oh grace that did make me laugh quite surprising though how heavy some things are.

and congratulations on the weight loss you'll soon get there. :D
    Take care
    Carol xx
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,888
    You'll get rid of your steam iron, Grace. Of that I have no doubt. Now, if it were a bottle of wine I might offer to help :wink:
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
    Thanks for your kind replies. A colleague of mine at work was stunned at the thought of a steam iron being my "measure" for the remainder of my journey. :lol:

I intend to look up every week what the equivalent is in some kind of household item but ideas are very welcome.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!