Winter Wonderland

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 30. Nov 2016, 05:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Here in the Borders, after a very hard frost last night, we have the most gorgeous winter wonderland, every dead branch and twig bright and light. It's cold but beautifully so. :frozen:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I envy you, that is the kind of bright and cold that invigorates one, yes? We are living in Tupperware land, it's grey, drippy and has the kind of damp cold that seeps into you, sapping one's life-spirit. I LOATHE NOVEMBER, it's the most miserable month of the year. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Fo me Winter is nowt but cold,wet,damp etc - all the things that make my arthritis worse, but then it always like this in the High Peak.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Horrible wet day today. Don't like it and neither does my body!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I hate November too but looking out of my window today I see beautiful autumn leaves everywhere, some still clinging on to the branches and others dancing in the wind.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    its so lovely to see the branches covered in snow..like you say a winter wonderland..but cant go out in it anymore..it would have been wellies on and a long walk... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    My sister's just sent me a lovely snap of Loch Tay with the sun just rising over the snowy hill and mist over the water - one of those serene views you just want to lose yourself in.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh I know just what you mean, daffy. It's not quite so lovely here but, once again, we had a hard frost last night which has never lifted. I didn't warm up even in the supermarket but now, sitting at home, warm and fed and looking out again at the frost, I can appreciate it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We have our second day of harsh frost, minus temperatures and bright sunshine. It's absolutely wonderful, the sunshine energises me (to a certain extent :wink: ) but at least I feel I can do more.

I have taken pity on the birds (and probably mice and rats too) and put out a total of nine fat balls in various holders, both in the drive and the garden; I'm sure it won't take them long to find them. I've also topped up the frozen bird bath with fresh water. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben