Last week it was a steam iron - this week it's ...

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 29. Nov 2016, 04:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
... just over a bag of sugar!

For those of you scratching your heads in bafflement and thinking "crikey, she's finally flipped!" let me explain. :!:

I have 2.5lbs to lose to get to my target weight loss of 5 stone. Hence the reference to a bag of sugar.

I'm now at the point that when I weigh in, I gingerly stand on the scales (having removed my watch, shoes, etc.), stare grimly ahead initially and then screw my eyes shut like a child would. Then I peep. Tonight I'd lost another pound! :lol:

Interestingly according to Mr Google, a pineapple weighs 2lbs; as does a baby rack of ribs and a Malayan Flying Fox!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Grace its the dreaded last few pounds they seem to take so long to go I think its just that you feel wonder if i'll get there this week every weigh in until you ge there and it seems to take forever. but I sure you will get there soon after all 2.5 lbs at 1 is basically only 3 weeks away and that's with extra half to spare.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hahaha!

I was waiting to see what it was ;)

Yep used to be 2.2lb didn't it a bag of sugar!!

I can totally imagine you screwing up your eyes. Are there people at the group watching you anxiously too??

Carol is right - you will so do it :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Congratulations Grace,
    you are very close now I'm sure you'll make it soon, what an amazing achievement and I'm sure it will be good for your overall health as well as your arthritis.
    Best wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You are looking forward, Grace, and that's good but, on this occasion, you're entitles to look back and congratulate yourself on what you've already achieved. What's the equivalent of that?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Thank you for the replies and the continued encouragement. I have to admit to not caring if anyone sees me stood on the scales with my eyes screwed tightly shut, looking like a twerp!

I'm aware the class leader is beginning to watch from a distance now when I weigh in. I suspect that when I hit "target" the whole of Ashford will hear, if not the whole of Kent! Then the hard work will start - keeping the weight off.

Sadly my joints appear to be getting worse, not better. My acid reflux is a lot better, although being on a very low fat diet may be influencing that. I can't eat grapefruit since my gallbladder and I parted company in January this year which is a shame as I did enjoy my grapefruit. Never mind.

Soon be time for my daily chocolate treat. Now I wonder - Kit Kat or Penguin?? Hmmm

GraceB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Grace you made me laugh..I remember all this, and going to the toilet prior to being weighed..you have done amazingly well..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Grace, what an amazing achievement! I hope that you may find it easier than you think when it comes to keeping the weight off, successful diets are not about deprivation, they are about re-educating one's thoughts and attitudes towards food and I hope this is the case for you. It is not easy for us arthritics to lose weight, 'eat less and move around more' is maybe not that useful as advice but I do recall a chair-bound member who lost the same as you; both of you have proved it can be done, she maintained her new weight and I am sure you will too. Good luck old girl (as we say in this household!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    Thank you Barbara and DD. I'll update you all after I weigh in again on Wednesday.

GraceB