Do I or dont I

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 3. Jan 2017, 06:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a sniffle of a cold for a couple of days,nothing much really,but I have a tickle of a cough as well,hubby and daughter have had the same as well but both have had a really bad cough,my dilemma is do I wait to see if it developed into anything and then take my emergency antibios or take then now.
I went to the bronchiectasis clinic for 3 month check up and everything was fine ,that was on thus day last week,breathing was fine lungs sounded clear oxygen levels were good the physio was very pleased and I go back in 6 months. Mig.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We are not doctors my lovely so we're not the ones to ask. I'm in bed with a vile cold (there are many bugs going around) but the advice I do feel able to give is don't take your humira if it's due.

I hope you all feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    If its hard to get in touch with your GP {which it is with mine sometimes} what about the chemist? Get the pharmacist and see what she says
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    Spoke to my practice nurse who made me an appointment to see her first thing tomorrow morning she said if need be she will get the doctor to see me.Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I'm glad your evening seen, mig. You don't want to mess around with a potential chest infection. Wish you well.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hope you are ok and get sound advice today Mig ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi mig,
    I hope the appointment goes well this morning, let us know how you get on I'm delighted that the nurses going to see you
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • mig
    Saw the nurse who thought it was just a common cold and cough but the doctor was free at that moment two patients didn't show so the nurse fetch her through she listened to my chest no sounds of pending infection ,checked blood oxygen levels which was good,she said I did the right thing having it checked,she was the doctor I saw last time so she knows how bad it was .Instructions were that if it gets any worse Im to start the antibios and try and do a sputum sample.
    Thanks for replying.Mig
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    So glad you were seen by a Dr who knows you and who was able to advise you, thank you for the update Mig
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    I contacted my doctors today as I am getting worse rather than better: I can have an evening appointment at the drop-in clinic tomorrow at 7.30pm or book online for Tuesday 03 January: everything else is booked. I stressed that I am immuno-suppressed but that cut no ice, the receptionist's advice was to ring 111 or go to A&E (which surely is what patients are asked not to do?) I won't be doing either, if push-comes-to-shove then it will be the out-of-ours service for yours truly.

I wonder how many people will fail to attend their appointments at my GPs surgery for the rest of today and tomorrow? How did they get the appointments in the first place? Did they book one before Christmas just in case? x:?:

I am pleased you were able to see someone, Mig, and I hope you are beginning to feel better. DD
  • mig
    DD I feel so angry for you you are not a mardy person or one that bothers the gp for every little thing,receptionists should be educated about certain diseases so they know that certain people need an appointment when they call.Hope you get sorted and feel better soon.(((()))) X
    I now have a full blown cold but not really coughing so its fingers crossed it doesn't go on my chest. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I am late Mig and so behind with everything ..but glad to hear you got to see your GP..better to be safe..I hope you feel better very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Thank-you Barbara,still a bit snotty but at the moment the cough seems to be a bit better fingers crossed.Mig
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Mig
    Glad you managed to see the nurse and then the Dr. It is difficult when you have a cold, I know if I get one, it heads straight to my chest, having COPD.
    I hope it doesn't go there and clears up as quick as possible. Lots of vitamin C too.
    DD it is not good when you are headed off at the pass, by receptionists, who are, shall we say, "variable" in their attitudes. I don't think the advice was correct either. I hope you have seen someone now and are on any necessary treatments. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, bubbles, it's kind of you to think of me. I am still battling on, my 'condition' is variable to say the least in that I think I'm on the mend then I find I'm not. :wink: I was reading in the press today about this kind of infection seeming to be all over the country, even the healthy are having trouble shaking it off. I am doing all the right things in that I am staying in the warm, taking plenty of fluids, eating a little and often etc. Mr DD has had this for three weeks, I'm sure I'll easily beat that! I won't be doing my meds this week - so far so good with the arthritis but I'm sure that won't last.

Mig, I hope all is going better with you and yours. DD