Very important pocket duties request please

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 13. Jan 2017, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been waiting to hear the latest news of my toral jaw replacements. The day before Christmas Eve, I got a letter saying that my 3D CT scan will be on Friday 13th January at 2.45 pm. I've been through every emotion but I'm not backing out now. Due to an admin issue, I'm not sure if I'll be seeing my consultant afterwards or if I'll have to go again. Fingers crossed that he can see me. I'm very scared of this scan because it feels so real now. Any pocket riders would be much appreciated, please and thank you. The hospital is 120 miles from home so we're going to have to sit on a train for a while but to say thank you, we can go for lunch first and perhaps a stiff drink to calm my nerves. :wink:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    A very important scan this one Sophie. I do hope the consultant is available in the end for you as 120 miles is a looong way x:shock:

Happy to come along I love train rides. Lunch sounds lovely too thank you.

x:D

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Starburst,
    this is indeed going to be a very big day for you and we certainly wouldn't want you to do it on your own so counting the moderator team we will be with you fingers crossed they manage to organise you being able to see your consultant immediately afterwards as this will be a lot easier for you. Meanwhile rest assured will thinking of you.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm in. I can quite relate to your apprehension. Any op is scary but this is even scarier I guess. I've no idea how I can be manhandled onto a train but at least it should provide a bit of light relief for all spectators :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Im with you all the way holding your hand if necessary .Love a train ride,mines a G&T easy on the T.(((()))) X
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Wow that is a tuff one to get, in your jaw! I will try and be in your pocket but (everything crossed!) I would have had my Op by then and recovering. But I will try and be in your pocket. Friday the 13th wow that is the worst date to get!! :o
  • Amble
    Amble Member Posts: 32
    I too will happily be 'in your pocket' on that day. I promise not to pick it. Just have a nice clean hanky there to keep me warm
    pstronger-than-you-think.jpg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in Sophie..I can only imagine what your thoughts are ..wishing you well with everything xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Sophie
    I'll be there, I can't imagine for one minute what you must be feeling like only have had 2 hips and 1 knee replaced...but a jaw!!!!!
    I haven't been on a train for ages so I'll be there

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Of course I'll be there. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Thank you, my lovely forum friends and happy new year. Here's to happiness and good health for all in 2017.

I found out that I can see the surgeon afterwards which is good news. It ended up being quite costly to get first class tickets on the way but not too bad for the return. So, we shall be in first class on the way home. Hopefully, any tired pocket riders will find it sufficiently quiet and comfy enough to have a snooze. We're going for an early dinner before we get the train home, so please let me know if you have any requests. I think we will deserve a nice meal after such a long day, so I'm going to book a decent restaurant. Life's too darn short not to make the best of things.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Count me in, I will be under the cloak, with Toni and whoever else we can fit in, plus scones and strong T. Sending hugs XXX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Starburst
    Tomorrow is the day! It's snowing here, why wouldn't it be?! I'm crossing every finger, toe, arm and leg for trains that are running tomorrow. Snow boots at the ready. :wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Fingers crossed
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hope all goes well Sophie and that you manage to get to your appointment despite the weather.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs (((()))) Mig