Post Op Appointment

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 24. Jan 2017, 13:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you. Been feeling under the weather with pain. Had cast off and the consultant and nurse are a little concerned about red angry swelling on the bottom of my foot. It's very sore as well. The rest is generally looking good for on the recovery. Gonna need another 2 weeks rest with foot raised up to help with the swelling going down. Got to wear weird shoe for another 4 weeks. Gonna keep an eye on the painful swelling under my foot and if it gets even more painful will have to have it looked at again. Next appointment is mid February!! :bee:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Pretty good so far, then? Let's hope the swelling is just a pressure point or something equally self-limiting with care. Keep doing whatever you've been told to do. It seems to be working :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you Sticky, I have been behaving, don't want to go backwards!! I have a reward to aim for, a holiday that we haven't booked yet as we don't want to hex it! But as long as I keep behaving and doing as the consultant says and keep it raised and try not to put weight on my big toe and metatarsal area (did it once on Saturday and knew about it!!) there is no reason I can't go away March time on Holiday. So that's my prize at the end of the tunnel!! :sun:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Another holiday is an encouraging target and an excellent reward. I think it is far too easy for people to misunderstand how important rest can be, especially those who are very temporarily indisposed; luckily we all know better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi bubba ..I hope the swelling and redness sorts itself out ..yes you keep an eye on it..and it will be lovely to have that holiday..wishing you well with it..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I hope all goes well and that while you have your foot up you are researching holidays
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich