Living history.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 25. Jan 2017, 09:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
And we do, on a daily personal basis but there are life-changing events that affect all of us, yes?

I thought I had witnessed such things but I was wrong: as I see it the world has not reached a new low, just a different one.

I suspect that many of us are thinking about recent events, and I fully comprehend that this topic is not lighthearted so doesn't match the CC criteria, but we cannot ignore the world. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We certainly live in 'interesting times'.

For my money, Trump is behaving like a third world dictator. So different from Obama's graceful, statesmanlike demeanour. How can you tell the press that the crowd pictures lie? We can all see them. There were clearly more people at Obama's 'do' and also at the anti-Trump rally.

I don't see why we can't discuss politics on here as long as we can remain respectful to others' differing views. We have done before.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    And the times have just got a tad more interesting given the Supreme Court ruling...
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I have been talking to friends about the American issue and I answered that they have ways of dealing with their problem presidents, they shoot them! A touch OTT I grant you but some twit told them they could have guns?

This could well happen again and perhaps within two years and in any case it was hard to foresee the full term of four years being completed unless he learns to be a politician, I couldn't get anyone to argue against this!

As for our own woes I would love to see the full judgement and why three judges (8-3 against) did support the government. I expect it'll all come out in the wash!

Yours, tongue in cheek.....
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    why three judges (8-3 against) did support the government.
    Perhaps they drew the short straw for adding a bit of 'credibility' to the judgement in view of the ruckus a while back when the legal system 'interfered' in the will of the people......
    But in fairness I think it would be strange if there wasn't a difference of opinion, they didn't really have any precedent to consider in their deliberations.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Very scary times..I just hope that Trump turns out better than anyone thinks..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Daffy, you hit it on the head there, even with these these law experts its a matter of opinon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    barbara12 wrote:
    Very scary times..I just hope that Trump turns out better than anyone thinks..

He certainly isn't turning out better than the Mexicans think :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright