Tramadol Nights.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 11. Mar 2017, 03:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Things are rough so I have turned to the trammies at night-time - what a difference they have made. They certainly don't get rid of everything but they dull more than the cocodamol which is helping me to sleep a little better. Of course breakthrough pain breaks through but it's more quickly subdued with the little white pill.

Thank you Tramadol, I shall 'enjoy' you for as long as this bad spell continues, you're certainly helping! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The rough nights are monstrous, so much worse than the rough days somehow. Hoping things calm down for you soon.

Glad the tramadol helps, it makes me feel really ill so that's another pain duller off my list of magic bullets, but luckily the coco's kind of help, and my pain patch is an absolute treasure. It took me over 6 months of looking at the little blighters in my draw before I got so desperate that I tried them, and they have transformed my ability to sleep and therefore function, as a result my blood pressure improved and I didn't need to take BP meds. For ages it felt like a sign of weakness to step up the pain relief level, but my ever so patient GP waited till I was ready to ask for help and accept her advice, and I am really grateful for her wisdom and patience.

Take good care of yourself, maybe it's time to give yourself permission to stop trying hard to get on with life and just rest a while?

Deb xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've only done tramadol once and that was enough. They sent me home from hospital with some but, despite omep and taking them with food, my stomach hated them so I soon reverted to cocos.

It's good that they're helping you, though, DD. I hope you'll be back to 'mod grot' soon :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi DD
    Sorry to hear things are rough for you, but glad that the trammies are helping. I ma on slow release ones morning and night, but have been given a quick acting one by my GP last week to help with break through pain. (which has increased now I am on my phased return at work)
    It is good to have something in your arsenal for bad days/nights.
    Take care
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    That's good that the trammies are helping you.
    I cant take them at all....they make me loopy or as Peter says "Loopier" :lol:
    Glad you're getting some good from them

Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, I regularly have 100mg slow release Tramadol and my usual dose is one tablet twice a day. I also have some of the 50mg quick release ones for break through pain and just recently have had to use these for break through post-op pain at night. I can (and some days have to) take 400mg Tramadol a day.

If they help, use them. No point being in pain un-necessarily.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well I'm still taking them at night because they are helping. I thought I had some 100mgs but I can't locate them so one 50mg is doing just as nicely. Happiness is? Obviously not but it's a good thing to have in reserve! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • WyleECoyote
    WyleECoyote Member Posts: 38
    Tramadol is a godsend but they keep me awake (stoned but not actually asleep) so I have to layer some over the counter sleep meds with them (50mg Boots Sleep-Eze for every 50mg Tramadol with a max of 2 of each). I add two amitriptylene and 45mg codeine and 1000mg paracetamol. It works. Most of the time. Not on bad days but most of the time.

Pain-free sleep is a luxury that most of the world enjoys having no idea that it's a luxury eh?
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I cant handle Tramdol send me more loopy than normal, my drug of choice is Dihydrocodeine, I can tolerate it fairly well and since having half my stomach most of my large intestine and part of my pancreas removed (along with a 5kg GIST stomach sarcoma) I don't suffer with being bunged up by the blighters!.

:mrgreen:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    mellman01 wrote:
    I cant handle Tramdol send me more loopy than normal, my drug of choice is Dihydrocodeine, I can tolerate it fairly well and since having half my stomach most of my large intestine and part of my pancreas removed (along with a 5kg GIST stomach sarcoma) I don't suffer with being bunged up by the blighters!.

:mrgreen:

t1204.gif for going

t1207.gif
    MELL!!! Good to see you :D

Hope all is going as well as poss and family coping too ((()))

Love

Toni xxx