UPDATE ON HILEENA

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
edited 10. Apr 2017, 16:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just had a call form Hileena, the surgeon has said he wants her in tomorrow morning, it might mean having screws and a plate in her shoulder, if he cant do that then it will have to be a new shoulder..gosh I do feel for her..and feel a bit helpless, but she knows we are all here for her..
Love
Barbara

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Barbara thank you for the update. I am so sorry to hear Hileena is facing surgery bless her.
    I'll be in her pocket tomorrow and make sure the surgeon does a good job.
    Then she'll be starting to heal instead of suffering as she is now.
    Love strength and ((()))
    From Toni and also from Lucy
    Xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Poor, dear Hileena. I feel so sorry for her. It is good she was seen today. It is obviously very urgent to be asked to come in tomorrow, but we knew that really. She is such a brave soul. It is one thing after another for her. Please send her my love.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no. Poor Hileena, what a low blow this is after the knee and everything else. :( Please send her my best wishes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Poor Hileena, I hope all goes well and the easiest dilemma can be used ( the plates and screws!). Lots of love and gentle hugs bubba
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Thanks for the update Barbara,
    I really hope that the screws and plate can fix Hileena`s shoulder. I am thinking of you Hileena xx
    NB
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh Hileena, my heart goes out to you. Sending lots of support and positive vibes. I hope today went as well as possible and that the surgeon was able to do the job and that it heals well.
  • barbara12
    Hello all sorry this is late but I didnt want to ring Hileena hubby yesterday so rang this morning
    She came back from the op around 3.30 so a long time for her..and she had a coffee bless .. they are not sure has yet what as been done and her hubby said he will ring me later ..fingers crossed whatever, it heals well for her..not sure how she will get around as she uses 2 crutches...I really feel for her..and have sent all your love and best wishes..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Thanks for the update. Poor Hileena has really been through the ringer, yet she courageously plods on as an inspiration to us all. Sending her positive vibes and gentle hugs, and the same for her husband who must be feeling so very anxious.

Deb xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Really sorry to hear Hileena has had to have her shoulder operated on. I hope she gets better soon and that the physios can work out how she can mobilise safely and without causing too much pain.

Please give her my best wishes and thanks for the update.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry for her, she has been through such a lot. Keeping my fingers crossed for her, especially in terms of mobility.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • elnafinn
    dibdab wrote:
    Thanks for the update. Poor Hileena has really been through the ringer, yet she courageously plods on as an inspiration to us all. Sending her positive vibes and gentle hugs, and the same for her husband who must be feeling so very anxious.

Deb xx

Totally agree, Deb. Hileena is definitely an inspiration to us all.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Thank Barbara for the update.

I am hoping whatever they have done it helps and soon our friend will be on the mend ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Morning all
    I had a call off Hileena herself last night, she is home and they have put screws and plates in her shoulder..the physio was pleased the way she was walking with one crutch..she normally uses 2..talk about superwomen..I was shocked to hear from her but so glad to hear her voice. :) wishing her a good recovery..and a big thankyou everyone from Hileena..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm pleased to hear she's home - I hope she's resting and taking things easy - I know that's anathema to her but surely necessary at the moment.

Get well soon, Hileena, you're missed. DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    MORNING, NOT SHOUTING, MAKES THINGS EASIER :lol:
    AS B SAYS SCREWS PINS AND PLATE. MASSIVE SLING FROM HALFWAY UP MY HAND ARM ELBOW AND MY UPPER ARM
    VERY SORE, USING ORAMORPH FOR BTRAKTHROUGH PAIN.
    THATS ABOUT ALL I CAN TYPE SORRY
    LOVE
    H
  • barbara12
    There is no keeping you away form that keyboard.. :o I hope the oromorph is helping..I should imagine the pain is worse now then when you came home..it usually does..but hopefully it will subside soon..hope you have this nice weather and can get out somewhere..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, it's lovely to hear from you and thank you for getting in touch despite the challenge. I am charged with passing on Sticky's best wishes, she is currently away and her internet access is dodgy but she has been thinking of you. DD
  • elnafinn
    Hi Hileena,

So good you are home but so sorry to hear that you are in pain. It is good of you to keep us up to date when things are difficult for you.

Sending you healing vibes and I hope you can keep the pain to a minimum. Must be really difficult for you. It is not as if the shoulder is the only problem that you have to contend with at this time. When do you see the surgeon again?

You are a brave soul.

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    MORNING, STILL VERY SORE BUT I WILL GET THERE :lol: IT LOOKS LOVELY OUTSIDE. VERY SUNNY ALTHOUGH IT COULD BE FREEZING.
    I'M GOING OUT ON MY SCOOTER........I KNOW I KNOW DD :lol:
    WITH PETER FOR A SHORT TIME, TO STARBUCKS. HE'LL THEN DRIVE ME HOME, GET ME SETTLED AND HE WILL NIP OUT FOR A SHORT TIME ON HIS OWN. AT LEAST IT WILL GET ME OUT.
    I'LL HAVE TO REMEMBER TO STOP USING BLOCKS EVENTUALLY :lol:
    LOVE H
  • barbara12
    I agree with Elna you are brave and nothing will hold you back..getting out will do you good..new surroundings and hopefully some distraction..have a coffee on me and maybe some cake..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Hileena, you are incorrigible. :lol: I hope you haven't set yourself back and found the enjoyment worthwhile. DD
  • elnafinn
    Dear Hileena,

You are a one! Venturing out so soon after your op. I so admire you and your "get up and go" (with a little planning ;)) when you have been through so much. I often think of you when I am having a bad five minutes which can be quite often these days. :roll:

I hope you enjoyed your little outing. I am sure it did you good.

Wishing you all the very best, be sensible and be good! ;)

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    HI WELL I COULDNT GET INTO THE FORUM FOR A WHILE. I WENT ON, I WASN'T LOGGED IN, I TRIED A FEW TIMES STILL WOULDN'T LET ME IN. I TRIED FORGOT PASSWORD NOTHING CAME THROUGH IN MY INBOX :o :oops: I GOT IN TOUCH WITH SHARON AND SHE SORTED IT OUT SO HERE I AM.
    STILL VERY SORE, TAKING BREAKTHROUGH MEDICINE BUT IT WAS ONLY A WEEK YESTERDAY THAT I HAD THE OP. I'M GOING TO THE METRO CENTRE [UNDER COVER] MOST DAYS WITH PETER FOR COFFEE, I'M ON THE SCOOTER, DRIVING LEFT HANDED WHICH MEANS THE CONTROLS GO THE OPPOSITE WAY :lol: MY BRAIN DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT :lol: BUT I'COPING WITH PETER THERE
    SO THATS ME FOR THE MINUTE
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi Hileena sorry to hear of all your props gad you're on the mend.
  • barbara12
    Hileena its no wonder you are in pain that wads a nasty fall, but I do admire for getting out and about..I think sitting in the house thinking about things cam make it worse..(if thats possible ) you be careful with those controls we don't want you going round in circles..you really are a one off..I hope the pain ease very soon (()) xx
    Love
    Barbara