Introduction

Options
Doora
Doora Member Posts: 2
edited 15. May 2017, 06:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone
I'm new here so just wanted to say hello.
I have osteoarthritis in my left hip and had my right hip replaced 4 years ago.
The pain I have this time is very different to the pain I had before!? Mainly in my lower back and I feel my left leg isn't my own!!!! I would love to know what others do to ease pain or if anyone has taken suppliments that actually work.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find support, advice, light relief and friendship here. There are others on the forum who have osteoarthritis and either have had hip replacements or are waiting for an op.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more arthritis 'hanger ons' or look after family with the same.

Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Doora and welcome from me too :)

I'm sorry your other hip is now giving trouble. I've had both mine replaced. I can't really compare how they felt beforehand as the first one broke. The second felt pretty rough but, unfortunately, it definitely belonged to me :wink:

It might be worth having a word with your GP about the sensation that yours doesn't belong to you. And/or, you could ask if others have felt this on the Living With Arthritis forum.

The two classic places for hip pain are over the top of the affected buttock and in the groin.

Personally, I'm not a big believer in supplements but Arthritis Research UK have a comprehensive report on them here file:///C:/Users/patbl/Downloads/CAT-report-2013.pdf . If taking any always check with a pharmacist or GP that they won't interact with your prescribed meds.

Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright