Blue Badge Renewal Problems

cahunt44
cahunt44 Member Posts: 8
I'm trying to complete my online Blue Badge renewal application. West Sussex have put it on hold. As part of my evidence I have to provide scans of my PIP statements. My 1st PIP (2015) statement has been accepted, as it has the section – ‘points awarded for the Moving around Activity’.
West Sussex will not accept my most recent PIP updating letter (Feb 2017) as it doesn’t include the section – ‘points awarded for the Moving around Activity’.
However, none of my annual statement PIP letters have ever included that section.
The advisor keeps telling me I now have to fill in a very long, detailed questionnaire, which I can’t manage, because of my RSI pain in my hands and arms (for which I also get PIP points).
Any thoughts? (Have copied and pasted the above, as I'm having a lot of hand pain at the moment and would normally avoid typing).
Best wishes, Catherine

Comments

• premierscfc04
    premierscfc04 Member Posts: 57
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I had a similar thing recently where my award letter wasn't recent enough, so I called the DWP and explained that I needed a new award letter for my Blue Badge application, I received it after 4 days.

Hope this helps
  • cahunt44
    I had a similar thing recently where my award letter wasn't recent enough, so I called the DWP and explained that I needed a new award letter for my Blue Badge application, I received it after 4 days.

Hope this helps

Thank you! That gives me hope. I'll phone DWP tomorrow and let you know what happens. Catherine :-)
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    Hi I have just been through this process and was told by the council to apply no sooner than 4 wks before badge ran out they then sent me for a medical assessment which meant I was badge less for days. At the moment I am not in receipt of mobility pip but have just reapplied after new diagnosis's. I did get my badge renewed but in 2020 I shall apply 8 wks before my badge run's out to be sure. The online form is far more in depth than it was previously.
    Hope you got sorted out

Wobbly xx
  • cahunt44
    An update. It has been unbelievably stressful, but last week I got the news that my blue badge renewal has been successful. After weeks of emailing West Sussex they finally sent me this advice: "It should have come with several pages detailing how many points you got in each section. If you ask the DWP to provide you with a new letter detailing your points they should send you the breakdown." So that's what I did. Letter from the DWP took 10 days to arrive. And it wasn't several pages. It was just 1 piece of A4, just with the extra added bits about each section. It has been a horrible experience. Hopefully, this might help someone else in the future, if they have similar issues. I just think it's a ridiculous way to treat someone. Happy to have the new badge, as it's a lifeline for me. Best wishes, Catherine xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hey, well done you :D

So worthwhile to persevere.

Thanks for the update and happy motoring :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright