Pain not related to movement

Options
JJE239
JJE239 Member Posts: 24
edited 1. Jun 2017, 08:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with those shooting pains that are not caused by movement? I get them in the outside of my knee. They're agony although they don't last long. Sometimes relieved by moving. Everything I read is about pain exacerbated by moving or stiffness from not moving. I suffer with those too but find the sitting still pains the worst.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think shooting pain, wherever it occurs, can often be nerve pain. Maybe it happens when you inadvertently press, somehow, on the nerve involved. (It won't necessarily be where the pain is.) We've no medical qualifications on here. I think you should get your GP to check it out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too think you should see your GP: we all know and understand pain as it affects us but we are not medicos. Shooting pains can be the worst as they strike without warning - pain is the body's way of letting us know that something is amiss but it doesn't necessarily clarify what and why. :wink:

Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    You poor thing. Those are horrible and make you want to cry out :oops:

If they are really frequent and intolerable I agree with the others see what your GP advises.

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Like the others have said this does sound like nerve pain..there are meds out there to help, but also it might help to see a physio..ask your GP to refer you...
    Love
    Barbara