R.I.P The Dead of Grenfell Tower

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
edited 20. Jun 2017, 14:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am putting up this thread despite still not knowing what to write on it.

What can one write? What can one say?

It should not have happened. It almost certainly need not have happened. It happened, as these things do, to the poorest people who could not afford to be picky about safety standards.

I feel sad. And ashamed.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

John Donne (1572 - 1631)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It was horrific and for all those involved the trauma of what happened that night will take a long time to heal, if ever. I must admit to turning off the TV because I couldn't bear it.

The police have said they will be carrying out a criminal investigation, there will be an inquest and then an inquiry. Let's hope that TM releases the report she refused to release and that there is immediate action taken to avoid such a tragedy happening again. The saddest part is that it was avoidable.

The positive was the huge out pouring of support from ordinary people across London.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There aren't any words that can be used to describe the horror of last week's sad event My heart goes out to all involved.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!