Hello

Options
EB1953
EB1953 Member Posts: 4
edited 5. Jul 2017, 09:30 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, thank you for the add.
I have had a TKR 3 weeks ago after waiting for 2 years.
I had to leave work 18 months ago as I was unable to do my job because I couldn't walk. Luckily I was able to take early retirement
And work hard on improving my fitness and strength, as well as losing weight for the operation.
So now I need to get this knee working properly so I can get the other one done hopefully in the next 18 months to 2 years.

Comments

• EB1953
    EB1953 Member Posts: 4
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    webmanager wrote:
    Hi,
    welcome to the online community, it is lovely to have you here. Congratulations on your total knee replacement and I hope that the early days for you have gone well. We have a lovely section on the website all about living with arthritis which you might find useful https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis
    we have lots of members who have had knee replacements in the past so I'm sure you'll have lots of things to catch up on with them. Keep us up-to-date with your progress and let us know if you have any questions. The best place to post is in the "living with arthritis" forum as people visit this place the most. https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=8
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello EB1953 and welcome to the forum.

New knees are great things that make a huge difference so I hope you and yours will be very happy together. I've had three altogether. No, I'm not Jake the Peg but I had RA from age 15 and my first two TKRs when I was 35. One of them has since been replaced.

I'm sure all will be well with your new implant if you just do as advised by the physio. Three weeks is very early days so don't expect too much from it too soon. There's still a huge amount of inner healing of bits and pieces to take place and trying to quicken the pace is counterproductive. Exercises, rest and ice (if necessary) is the way to go. I wish you every success with it and please do join in on any other threads on the forum.

P.S. I see you're having some difficulties in replying to posts. It all looks so weird at first, doesn't it? No need to quote. Just click on the tiny 'reply' button under the thread on the left. Hope that helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright