Hello

Options
Gingerarthur
Gingerarthur Member Posts: 2
edited 12. Jul 2017, 03:28 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

was diagnosed with OA about a year ago and have spent the time getting used to it and adjusting to moving from a fairly active 69 yer old to what feels at time a decrepit 70 years old!!!

Also finding about things like compression gloves and various support items as well as finding new ways to use the tin opener or pick things up from the floor!

I have noticed the amount of conflicting advice one gets. A GP was happy to supply a ton of pain-killers an told me to keep up my dairy intake especially full fat. This may have been because I am the original 10 stone weakling as most books suggest dairy could aggravate,

Anyway it will make life interesting!!

Looking forward to joining in on the Forum.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Gingerarthur from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I began my first arthritis when I was 37, and my second (OA) was diagnosed aged 52 and I am now 58; I think it true to say I've put in the hard yards. :wink: Arthritis has no respect for age or gender, as yet it cannot be cured but there are ways of easing matters - finding what works for you can take some time and much experimenting.

Many of us on here use a grabber to pick things up or move things around (I mostly use mine to store and retrieve kitchen towel rolls on top of a high cupboard). These can be found on the net or in a local disability store. My arthritis is widespread and I am now reliant on walking aids but so what? They help me to get out, go further and do more, all good things! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben