New to site but no to Ra...

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited 31. Jul 2017, 10:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all...
I just had some bloods done and am still waiting for the gp to. Get back to me ... however I have had the results emailed to me once they was done.
I wanted to heightlight some of the results as am lost ....
Well firstly the Ra Factor .. came in at 224iu/ml
Then white cell count was 10.9/L
A my Lymphocyte count was at 4.2 /L
Mono yet was at 1.0/L

Anyone seeing what am seeing ... could this be a pos CLL???
Or do I need to just go the vets and be done with it ...
Oh am Type one D too with vascular Arth as well ..few stints in ..had Ra for three years ...but methotrexate course the D by killing my Beta cells and the depro stierods made Bg sky rocket ..so not been on and drugs for Ra for two years

Fun eh ....
And morning

J

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jayrea 77 welcome o the forum sorry you are having such a bad time of it,hopefully you will be able to talk to others about your condition, I have OA and keep on having replacements to keep me going but nothing like you are going through.
    All the forums are friendly and welcoming so just find one you like and chat away.
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Hello and welcome from me, too :D

I think you need to take your results to someone who is qualified to interpret them. On here we just live with arthritis of different varieties but have no medical training in diagnostics. In fact, I don't even know what a 'pos CLL' might be despite 50+ years of R.A.

Whatever your results are they will very possibly be influenced by your other conditions and / or medication. You'll no doubt get a clearer picture when next you see your rheumatologist but, in the interim, your GP might be able to help a bit. I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you both ....

Well ...if I was to put it all down we be here for a few days for sure. But I shall not bore you all with full details.
    But still ...

I don't have a Ra doc or team at mo been dealing with it myself since I got Type one Dka diabetes ...really really not fun ...
    Had two small heart atacks owing to pericardial issues - and myocarditis .. at this moment I time my right side of heart is enlarged twice size ...and taking colchicine to deal with flares ...

Will see a professor in a month or so in regards to a treatment plan...

Had a stint put in my right leg when I went and got septic arthritis in my right foot ...near 95% blood loss there which lead onto vascular arthritis at top of leg and went back to 90% blood loss after we dealt with the sepsis lol ..****'s law eh
    So leg an foot saved ....

So that be in last two years but had Ra for three now ...
    I used to work at the Home office ...
    Did gymnastics martial arts ninjitsu an jujitsu and surfing ...an was known to through myself willingly outa of. Plain at times lol ....
    But for last two years been on crutches and lumps on feet are loads and have taken feet to size 11 from an 8 lol. If only it did it to other parts of body where you can I gone up four sizes eh lol

Well that kinda tip of ice...( not spell it but you get me )
    Oh what else..
    Oh yes collapsed spine ... double concave scoliosis .....blind in right eye since ever ... and in mornings I look and sound like golem ....

As said won't go to far in lol bor ya senseless ..

Oh CLL .. it be Cellular lymphocyte leukaemia.... poss some signs of it in works but we going though more to see what we can find .. handy knowing a doctor ...
    Oh yes ..I spent 25 years working with body's ..so rather savvy with most med terms and issues ... some though ..no idea about lol

Any.yyyyyyyyway ... I shall leave yall to Friday night ...
    J
  • stickywicket
    You have an awful lot going on medically and I'm sorry to read this. It can become very difficult indeed when one disease / illness is also battling the effects of another or the meds for another. And, I guess it must be hard for the docs to work out an overall strategy.

I do hope you will not be left in the dark for too long about your results. I'm afraid we know nothing collectively about leukaemia on here. I can't recall anyone ever suggesting that their arthritis meds, whether methotrexate or any other, caused it. I rather hope you are misinterpreting your results on the bleaker side but please let us know when you've seen the doc.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    You have an awful lot going on medically and I'm sorry to read this. It can become very difficult indeed when one disease / illness is also battling the effects of another or the meds for another. And, I guess it must be hard for the docs to work out an overall strategy.

I do hope you will not be left in the dark for too long about your results. I'm afraid we know nothing collectively about leukaemia on here. I can't recall anyone ever suggesting that their arthritis meds, whether methotrexate or any other, caused it. I rather hope you are misinterpreting your results on the bleaker side but please let us know when you've seen the doc.

Oh the Methatrexate ...yes links been found with Beta cells and the drug .. the Beta cells are the main procures of T cells that do the insulin .... add that to the depro... it kinda adds lots up .. so we are looking at that .. mainly after the recent results from Cal Tec uni....on methotrexate ... it's shows ...out of 200k data they got hands on over a ten year studie ....shows that 0.43% will have a reaction to the drug .... me .... and from that worse case is liver and kidney failure ... yep had them ... and out of that 0.43...0.11 out of the 0.43 get some form of diabetes ......now report don't say what form of D happens so we are trying to get the data from Cal Tec at this time .... mad eh
    So have to be really unlucky ..... daddaaaaaa !!!
    Yep ****'s law at work again I thinks .....

Yep lots going on ....

Now cose of the reaction to methotrexate ... I am know researching other types and the composition of the drugs ....
    Helps me know sooner if I will react too them ....

Have to become your own professor when your dealing with four at mo but waiting for results ..poss five auto immune issues ..now the CLL... we are looking in to .... and that a whole other issue I will deal with an won't boar you on lol ......

So my reason for being here is to find out what other meds peps are using ... side effects and then I can take to the professor ... poke him in the ribs and get him to move on it asap ...

As said in first post my RA makers are at 224. An range is 0-18 ....
    So kinda trying to get to bottom of it asap
  • stickywicket
    I wish you the best of luck though, once again, you've lost me. Maybe I'm just very lucky that, once I finally got on 'proper' DMARDS (meth and hydroxy as opposed to gold injections followed by penicillamine which I'd had previously) my life became much easier.

I'm not sure how you can get much relevant information from a forum such as this as any 'evidence' you find will be purely anecdotal. Why not research the meds themselves on ARUK?
    Steven Wright
  • nickisalter
    nickisalter Member Posts: 4
    Hiya

I've just read through all of this post and the replies. I'm replying because I've had septic arthritis twice. My left ankle (not properly treated) and a couple of months later it came back in my left shoulder. Still on meds for it (two months and counting). Left ankle not in the best place but shoulder is doing pretty ok now.

No one seems to know much about septic arthritis. I was told by the hospital and doctors that it was a trapped nerve or a frozen shoulder.

How come you got reactive arthritis from the septic arthritis? Is this a common reaction? Have you found out if the septic arthritis will return?

So so sad to hear about the rest of your ailments. Sounds like you've had a grim time of it......
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,403
    Hello J and welcome to the forums from me too. Don't worry about spelling none of us is perfect!

It does rather sound as though you have a lot going on and hope you soon get to the bottom of it all.

Tomorrow I will be at haematology for my youngest daughters check up, (in remission from ALL), one of her chemotherapy drugs was methotrexate at quite alarming doses compared to those prescribed for inflammatory Arthritides.

I very much hope you will not have CLL. ((()))

Best of luck

Toni xx