Pocket duties please

Courtney1234
Courtney1234 Member Posts: 60
edited 26. Nov 2017, 11:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys,

Would appreciate pocket duties tomorrow at 4:15pm. It’s MRI time for me (lumbar spine this time) and I am very, very nervous! :( Just trying to think of the good it may hopefully bring and I will finally be closer to a proper diagnosis.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You can count all of us Moderators in Courtney for your MRI tomorrow afternoon.

Best of luck

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    If you haven't had one before there's one big difference to other procedures such as Xrays or CT scans - they are very noisy! They make a variety of sounds as the different scans are done and you will be given headphones: some hospitals offer music or the radio but mine never has. I hope this shows much more clearly what is going on with you because something certainly is. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Courtney1234
    Yes DD, I have had 2 MRI's before, both being on my right knee. I was more relaxed having them as I knew I didn't have to go the whole way into the machine, hence this time I am nervous. Although I was told that I could still go in feet first for this scan but obviously will still be in more (they told me to look at the distance between my knee and hip to determine how much further I would be in) I will definitely be wearing an eye patch for this one!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in and I hope the results bring some answers..so important to know what you are up against x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Dragonfly17
    Dragonfly17 Member Posts: 47
    Will be with you tomorrow - it's much better knowing what you have to deal with than being in the dark. xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Count me in as well......I'm at the physios tomorrow afternoon. I'll be thinking about you

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I'll be there with you Courtney

Very best of luck.

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I will be there too
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I'll hop in. They are a bit scary but worthwhile-hope all goes well.

Deb xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Just missed it! Hopefully the MRI went all okay.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Courtney1234
    Thank you everyone. Thankfully all done now. Was about 20mins. Was a little nervous but had an eye mask to help me-plus I closed my eyes to block it all out. Hopefully will have the results on Tuesday when I go to see the consultant
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm pleased it's done and I hope the results are back when you see the doctor. DD

This is the weather here tonight - a very apt smilie! cfly
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    That's exactly what I do Courtney! Well done 20 mins isn't too bad :?

Fingers crossed the results throw some light on matters :)

Love

Toni xx
  • Courtney1234
    Thank you everyone. I now have appointment with the main rheumatologist Tuesday (after there was a massive mix up with my original one 2 weeks ago).
    Hopefully my results will be back and I will finally have an idea of what I’m up against. It’s been a long and tiring 2 years :cry: