PiP wrong reason....

Options
Weepth2k10
Weepth2k10 Member Posts: 27
Morning folks, another long restless night. Would like to have some opinions on this. Iam considering putting in a claim for PIP, reason is i do 38 hours at work per week. Im thinking of cutting this down, already cut this down from 50 hours per week. At times life is really tough. Lots of pain, stiffness and fatigue. We are a young family with 3 kids aged 8 5 and 5. I know we would struggle financialy. Ive been in pain for almost 10 years only really started asking for medical help for the last 2. I have good days and not so good. The last 3 weeks have been hard and used a couple of weeks holidays. And iam dreading the next 5 months to my next holidays. Is it wrong to think about putting in a claim on these grounds.
Weepth2k10.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Weepth2k10 wrote:
    Morning folks, another long restless night. Would like to have some opinions on this. Iam considering putting in a claim for PIP, reason is i do 38 hours at work per week. Im thinking of cutting this down, already cut this down from 50 hours per week. At times life is really tough. Lots of pain, stiffness and fatigue. We are a young family with 3 kids aged 8 5 and 5. I know we would struggle financialy. Ive been in pain for almost 10 years only really started asking for medical help for the last 2. I have good days and not so good. The last 3 weeks have been hard and used a couple of weeks holidays. And iam dreading the next 5 months to my next holidays. Is it wrong to think about putting in a claim on these grounds.
    Weepth2k10.

You are claiming because you have difficulty working due to your arthritis so absolutely that is a perfect reason. What you spend your money on is your choice!

Good luck

Toni xx
  • wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I'm a bit old so not too sure how these things work but would you not qualify for working tax credits if you have to cut down your hours? There are websites where you type in your details and it checks if you would be likely to qualify for anything, what it would be and an idea how much you would get.

As well as that if you are struggling with your condition you should claim PIP, and you could investigate what help work can put in place too. Maybe something to talk over with CAB maybe?

Take care
    Xx