hello

Options
Beachgypsy
Beachgypsy Member Posts: 2
edited 27. Mar 2018, 06:31 in Say Hello Archive
:P Hi, first time posting on here, need some advice and support, as I was diagnosed with 'mild' osteoarthritis in my right hip.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Beachgypsy and welcome to the forums from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis of mild osteoarthritis in your hip. The fact that you put the ‘mild’ in inverted commas suggests to me the term suggests it might not reflect the pain you are experiencing.

We have a great community here, with lots of experience of arthritis who I know will make you very welcome and help in any way they can, but in the meantime I hope the following links will help you.

This information by Arthritis Research UK is about osteoarthritis and is very comprehensive:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/osteoarthritis.aspx

Arthritis Care’s booklet on the same can be downloaded here:
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/223-living-with-osteoarthritis

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I too have OA (diagnosed back in 2011) and over the years it's become more widespread. I have it as a result of my other arthritis (one of the auto-immune kinds). It is important to keep exercising but what and how is important: it's better to be low impact such as cycling, swimming or walking. Exercise will help to preserve the joint's range of movement (often shortened on here to ROM) and the muscles surrounding the joint stronger so as to better support it.

Pain levels are hard to gauge, one man's agony is another's mild twinge; what has your GP recommended for you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben