hello

kare47
kare47 Member Posts: 11
edited 26. May 2018, 05:54 in Say Hello Archive
hi everyone new just found out have ra today not looking forward to taking meds not to good at spelling either so sorry for any future mistakes kare

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi kare47 welcome to the forum,everyone is friendly and understanding and encouraging on this forum.Just go to any forum Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat being the most popular and start chatting and telling peop,e about your self and you will soon get a response
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I don't have RA (mine's another kind) but I do take the meds that are used to treat it and have done since 2002: I have had very little trouble with any of them. Spelling is not important, OK? We will know what you mean.

I have had to take medication since I was 12 (I am now 59) so the thought of taking new meds doesn't bother me at all but, if you are new to all this, it must be unsettling. Feel free to ask any questions, more people look in on the Living with Arthritis board so you may find some of the threads on there of interest. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Kare47 and welcome from me too.

I also have RA and have had it for a loooooong time :D I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine and they work very well for me.

Try not to worry about potential side-effects. I was reading only yesterday that many people are put off taking loads of medicines because they are scared by the leaflets. You have to remember that the people experiencing all the bad side-effects are probably those taking lots of different medications for lots of different conditions. The leaflets don't mention that :roll:

I hope all goes well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Katie21
    Katie21 Member Posts: 11
    Welcome to the forum Kare47, I am new today.

I never read the leaflets unless I have a particular query.
    I refused a medication last year due to reading about it online..

:roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello kare and a warm welcome to the forum..
    Sorry I cant help with the RA meds but if you type the words in the search at the top of the forum info will come up, there wads a time when they hadn't got these meds to treat RA so think on the positive side..and we are always here for support..and a chat :)
    Love
    Barbara