Hi

Options
Katie21
Katie21 Member Posts: 11
edited 26. May 2018, 05:44 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone.

I am on Methotrexate, six over two days for about eight years, I take two folic acid a week. I also have Osteoarthritis in knees and upper arms.

Last blood test doc wants to see me due to result.

Great to find such a forum as this one.
:mrgreen:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi katie21 Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy chatting with others with similar complaints, everyone on this forum has Arthritis so understand what you are going through. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    Just go to one and start chatting it won't be long before someone replies.
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis and take meth for that (plus humira) and OA (mostly from the waist down) for which I take pain relief. I have injected meth because the tablet form gave me meth rash which is apparently a bad thing. I'm in my ninth year of this regimen.

Is it the GP who wants to see you about the bloods? My surgery has occasionally written to me about concerns but it's always turned out to be nothing that would worry the hospital; both nonsense and a nuisance! I hope you get on OK, please let us know what's what. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Katie21
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome.

Yes dd, it’s after a blood test the Dr asked to see me, they stress it’s not urgent maybe a low liver reading. They booked me in for a fortnight.

• Katie21
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome.

Yes dd, it’s after a blood test the Dr asked to see me, they stress it’s not urgent maybe a low liver reading. They booked me in for a fortnight.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello from me too :D

I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine for me RA and have been called in a few times over the many years. With me it's always low iron levels and no big deal. Clearly, it's nothing urgent with you and that's always good :D Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Katie and a warm welcome form me
    I hope you find this forum has useful has I have over the years..and look forward to seeing you around.. :)
    Love
    Barbara