Sorry to have been mia!

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 13. Sep 2018, 03:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
It has been a busy couple of months and though mostly with good things as you all know even those take their toll.
For the first time since this started I had the joy of my grandsons coming to stay during the holidays. My daughter and husband wanted to wait until the boys were able to get in and out of the car and their car seats independently and also knew how much work was taking out of me. I had the eldest come for two nights and the following week the youngest came for one night. I loved it and as they both want to come again at Christmas I think they did too. Needed a bit rest afterwards but it was wonderful!

I have also been busy decluttering and it was amazing how much I found to donate or dump depending on what it was. Having done all of that I then had to go round and depersonalise my house by taking down pictures etc. However hopefully it will all be worth it, my house was listed Late afternoon on Monday and there are 10 viewings booked already, most on the open day.

I have also done my first visit up to Peterborough, visited umpteen estate agents, and started to explore the local area.

So, by my standards a busy time!
Keep your fingers crossed I get an offer after the open day on the 22nd, I can't cope with having to keep it all clean and tidy.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcóme back, Slosh. In the midst of the hard graft of moving house prep you seem to have managed some good quality time too :D

I hope some good results come from your open day. We certainly de-cluttered but I don't think de-personalising was mentioned. I rather like to see family photos in a house but it is amazing how little imagination some people have so I can see that some might need to see a 'blank canvass'.

All very tiring but very necessary. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Thank you SW, the time with my two grandsons was so precious. They are both so loving (as is my little grandaughter). I also have three wholesale orders for my jewellery and as if that wasn't enough my daughter and I have just started another jewellery business.

The move is exciting, but it's all about the planning and pacing. I've been giving things some thought and I'm going to pull out of a market I was planning to do at the end of the month so I can focus on house-hunting. Sometimes I remember to be sensible!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Why apologise? You have a great deal to do and contend with at the moment and those things MUST come first. Very little changes here, you could post again in a year and still read the usual topics, it's like dipping in and out of a soap opera.

I hope you are pacing yourself as best you can, these are demanding but exciting times, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben