Coach Carer

Marcia
Marcia Member Posts: 84
edited 5. Jun 2019, 06:27 in Chit chat
I have tried looking for something to keep me busy and a friend told me about a three day training to become a Coach for Carers. It was wonderful and met new people and met someone who has arthritis and I introduce her to Versus Arthritis and some season socks that she could get on line and also slippers as her feet like mine had swollen after the operation. I'm still on the mend after my operation but I am also :D looking forward to meet my first Coachee. :D

Comments

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,

I’ve no real idea what this is, tell me more! Do you get a qualification? Do you need qualifications to do this course?

Wazz x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    How lovely you feel confident enough to do this so quickly after your training, I hope it goes well and you know enough to help someone rebuild their morale and self-esteem. Caring is a terrific challenge, can be a burden and rob the carer of their freedom and independence so they definitely deserve the support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I hope it all goers well for you ..please let us know more about it..sounds very interesting ..and good on you.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    What a great idea! I'm interested in it too!

I hope you feel much better soon yourself :)

Toni
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again, have you started yet? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Marcia
    Marcia Member Posts: 84
    Hi everyone

I have not started as yet as a Coach, but will do soon.
    Yes you do get a certificate when the training is complete.
    In order to become a Coach one has to be a Carer for a relative with long term illness/end of life or still caring for a loved one with terminal illness.
    I was trained by St Christopher Hospice who had set this up and I don't think that this is in all Boroughs.