Fibromyalgia

Traceyban
Traceyban Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi I am new to this and have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia all help and advice welcome

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Traceyban and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find this a very supportive space, with members here very happy to share their own thoughts and experiences of fibromyalgia with you.

In case you haven't seen it already, there is a section on fibromyalgia on the Versus Arthritis website, including some advice on managing symptoms, here is the link:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/fibromyalgia/

with best wishes,

Ann
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    Hi,

I don't have fibro but here are some former threads on it. https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/search.php?keywords=fibromyalgia&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search . I see fellow newbie 'bluebell' has been diagnosed with it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Traceyban

Hope you have found the links in the above posts.

From experience I know how fibro feels but if I can give any advice then all I can say is listen to your body and if you need to rest then do so.

Take care
    Amanda-Jane
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm sorry you have had this diagnosis, I was diagnosed back in 2012 and have it as a result of my arthritis. I don't take anything for it, I manage with exercise and rest and, luckily, am now of an age where, when it floors me, I can be floored. I am fortunate in that it doesn't bother me that often, whether the meds I take for my psoriatic arthritis have anything to do with that I have no idea (and no interest either :lol: ). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    Hi. Fibromyalgia affects people in different ways just like other illnesses. My advice would be rest when you are weary,excercises when you can, eat and sleep well and learn to pace yourself. I have Fibro as secondary to Rhueamatoid Arthritis,which is quite common, I don’t know where one starts and the other ends. Learn to live with it and don’t be beaten.