Newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia any help or advice ☺️

Options
Buzzardlegs
Buzzardlegs Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello, I’ve finally found out I’m not going mad and have been diagnosed by a Rheumatologist with Fibromyalgia. I’ve seen some excellent arthritis Ireland tube presentations to get some knowledge on this illness. Just wondering if there’s anyone out there to chat with and share tips . t111055

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi and welcome,you will find people here to chat with and to share experiences - if you require any technical help using the site just ask
    Al
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi there and welcome from me too. I don't have fibro. I'm RA and OA. Those who do have fibro tend to come and go on these forums but, if you re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum, more people are likely to see it. I hope they do and I wish you well in learning to live with it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi. I have FMS as a secondary to Rheumatoid Arthritis. To be honest sometimes I don’t know when I get flare ups if it’s FM or RA. that’s hurting.FM is treated with pain relief. Everyone gets it differently just like Arthritis which FM is not as it’s a condition. If you Google it there’s plenty of information available including self help groups. My advice would be to rest if possible when and if things are bad and exercise when you can. It’s a condition quite manageable.
  • Buzzardlegs
    Buzzardlegs Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thankyou for the welcome guys 👍🏻
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    In order of aquisition I went psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, all over a period of fifteen years. My rheumatologist diagnosed the latter back around 2012 by pressing various pressure points unrelated to joints and making me squeal. When mine is having a go at me my muscles feel very tender, they hurt, anything touching my skn causes discomfort. I also feel extra tired.

After so many years of living with progressive and degenerative conditions I am very used to pacing myself and generally living within the constraints my body places upon me. I don't take anything with regard to the fibro, I might be wrong but I don't think there is a specific treatment. Its flares settle and there's no trouble until the next episode unlike the arthritis which stays constant and true to its vocation. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben