New to forum

Encourage
Encourage Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello.
I have just joined this online community.
Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last month. Quite a shock!
So looking for tips, and hopefully I can encourage too.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Encourage, welcome to the forums.

A diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis can be quite a shock if you are not expecting it. If you have any questions or things you want to learn about, do not hesitate to ask and join in across the forums.

If you haven't seen it there is an informative section on our website:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

It includes information on treatments as well as managing and living with the disease.

I look forward to reading your encouragement and support for others.

All best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Encourage, it is nice to meet you and I am so sorry you have had to find us. I am in my 23rd year of the dross and malarkey but mine was always on the cards as I was a genetic failure at birth: if yours has come out of the blue that is a very different kettle of rotting fish.

I have psoriatic arthritis but the meds overlap all the auto-immune arthritis labels, you name the DMARD I've probably taken it. I currently inject methotrexate weekly and adalijumab fortnightly, everything is under control which is as good as it gets. I have to go now but I will look in again tomorrow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Encourage and welcome from me too.

I have RA and OA. For tips there is a very useful thread at the top of the Living With Arthritis forum. Have a look and see but, if you've any specific questions, just ask.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright