Hello!

wildbutterfly
wildbutterfly Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hey.
I got my diagnosis just yesterday. I have Psoriatic Arthritis. Here for support, community and information. It's nice to finally have an answer as I've been dealing with this pain for a few months now.

Lots to learn but determined not to let it beat me so doing as much research as I can. I will be put on Methotrexate in a few weeks, taking the injection form as I am terrible at swallowing pills and I'm already taking 3-4 a day as is so didn't want to add to the mix.

So Hi! My names Samantha. I'm 30 years old based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Hope you are all doing as well as you can be!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Samantha and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forums. a010.gif

You have come to just the right place for support - all of us have some form of arthritis or linked disease and know all about living with the long term problems that arise.

Our website has a good page of information about Psoriatic Arthritis including a section on treatments which has further links to the appropriate drugs you might be prescribed:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/

Do ask any questions you might have and join in across the forums.

All best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I too have PsA: I began in 1997 when I was 37, not accurately diagnosed until 2006 which changed nothing and am now 60. I was born with auto-immune issues so it was no big surprise, unlike the resulting OA and fibromyalgia. Hey-ho.

I inject meth and humira, I have done for around twelve years and they control disease activity rather than improving the quality of life. I don't have much bother with side effects so I guess I'm lucky on that front. I have seen for myse!f that the sooner one begins the meds the better the outcome can be and I sincerely hope that will be the case for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Samantha welcome to the forum from me too.

It can be a real relief to get a diagnosis and start some treatment for the condition.

You have come to the right place for support too :)

Best wishes

Toni xx