New Member In My 40's With Arthritis.

Jason1
Jason1 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Afternoon all,
How are you?
My name is Jason, I am in my Mid 40's and have had arthritis for over 20 years and more. It is hereditary from my Mum. I am coping with it, but sometimes it is tough, especially in the cold weather.
I would like to talk to like minded people as even though my Family and small group of friends are understanding, there are some things that only like minded people can understand.
I am a good listener too, and it works both ways!
Feel free to say Hi. I do work so will pop on here when I can.
Thanks and blessings.
Jason.x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome Jason1 to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Good to see you Jason, you've come to the right place. We have some great forum users who contribute to the forum regularly with the many different types of arthritis, it would the conversation along if you wouldn't mind telling us what type of arthritis you have. It's great to see that you are still managing to work, I know personally how difficult it can be managing the condition and working. This cold weather does find a lot of us out, it's good to hear you are relatively coping with it.

I've just added Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520 if you feel you want to chat to someone in the meantime, I'm sure our forum members will be following my welcome.

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, how am I? Well, I could be better, pleased I am not worse (my standard reply to the question). I began psoriatic arthritis (PsA) when I was 37 (properly diagnosed when I was 46) then OA was diagnosed when I was 52. That was eight years ago.

The meds for the PsA unsurprisingly do nothing for the OA but at least that version has the saving grace of being predictable and can be dealt with more easily. It's the PsA which having a snap at me today so I am off now: hope to see your name again soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Jason. Good to 'meet' you though a pity about what we have in common :roll:

Mine's RA and OA. For aeons :lol:

We're here to talk any time. Just join in anywhere or start a new thread. Living With Arthritis is the busiest forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jason1
    Hi Jason. Good to 'meet' you though a pity about what we have in common :roll:

Mine's RA and OA. For aeons :lol:

We're here to talk any time. Just join in anywhere or start a new thread. Living With Arthritis is the busiest forum.

Thank you. Always happy to talk and listen. Hope the weather is not getting to you too much too. Speak soon!
  • Jason1
    moderator wrote:
    Hello and welcome Jason1 to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Good to see you Jason, you've come to the right place. We have some great forum users who contribute to the forum regularly with the many different types of arthritis, it would the conversation along if you wouldn't mind telling us what type of arthritis you have. It's great to see that you are still managing to work, I know personally how difficult it can be managing the condition and working. This cold weather does find a lot of us out, it's good to hear you are relatively coping with it.

I've just added Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520 if you feel you want to chat to someone in the meantime, I'm sure our forum members will be following my welcome.

Enjoy the forum.

John

Thank you John. It's Ra I have. Speak soon!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There is a known genetic link with the auto-immune forms of arthritis and possibly with osteo too but, as that is a far more common version of the disease, it is hard to say whether that is an aspect. I was born with auto-immune junk so the onset of the arthritis was no surprise whereas my OA diagnosis was, I had not realised it was possible to have both. What a narna. :lol:

What meds are you taking for the RA? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben