First Timer saying Hi

Options
AshCam90
AshCam90 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hello fellow sufferers

I turn 30 in a couple of months, my fiance & I are trying for a child and I have Psoriatic Arthritis. I am struggling so much right now with pain and chronic fatigue as I stopped taking Methotrexates last August (have to be off them for 3months before trying to conceive) i was told if i had flare ups to get back in touch and they would put me on something safe to conceive on. OMG I did not realise just how bad flare ups could be, my mental health has been drastically affected as i feel useless due to the pain and constant tiredness. thankfully i managed to get an emergency appt with my rheumo doc next week and i am hoping they will put me on Cyclosporine, so fingers crossed.

Last night was my first time calling the helpline after some encouragement from my fiance and they suggested I join the community. Would be great to chat to others with my form of arthritis as I know that it can cause deformities later on which i am quite worried about.

Hope to speak to some of you soon. Sending energy. Ash x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ash
    Welcome to the forum,glad you contacted the helpline and they told you about the forum.we all understand what you are going through as everyone on the forum have various forms of Arthritis and various levels of pain to go with it. We are all friendly and understanding and will try and make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    Take care and all the best Christine.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hi Ash and welcome aboard :)

I'm sorry you're in the throes of a big flare but I do think the rheumatologist will be able to help next week. I doubt it'll be cyclosporin which, as I understand it, is no less harmful to the foetus than methotrexate. Most people on here seem to be prescribed steroids during pregnancy and we've had a few 'forum babies'. And, of course, steroids tend to work quickly which will be a good thing for you right now.

Back in the day, when I was pregnant only soluble aspirin was considered safe (That was early 1970s). With my first son I didn't need them as, as can happen with first pregnancies, I was in complete, wonderful remisiion for the full nine months. After he was born...... :o :shock:

But we went for a second. This time no remission, just the aspirin. A total nightmare of pain from start to long after the finish. There was no third :lol:

I'm sure it won't be like that for you but do remember that, far from damaging our mental health, surviving these tough times makes us mentally stronger and more self-confident - qualities much needed as a Mum :wink:

Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • AshCam90
    AshCam90 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Christine and stickywicket

Thank you both so much for the warm welcome, words of encouragement and wise advice and comfort.

They are very much appreciated and helped me feel stronger as I now know I'm not alone.

Hope to speak to you soon on other forums.

Will let you know how I get on at rheumo doc next week.

Take care

Ash
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    You're not alone, AshCam :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright