Your Say

We are keen to hear from you our members about how you find the forums. If you have any ideas about:

• forums we should create please let us know
  • information you would like to see here
  • improvements in design
  • something else

Please let us know

Best Wishes

Your Moderator team

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625

Hi Sharon and team,

I can't find Poetry Corner. Was it lost in the move? Sorry if it's somewhere obvious and I just haven't looked in the right place!

Best wishes,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I am getting used to the new forum, however, I would like to see the date and time of the latest post on the subject header as it was on the old forum. I like the ability to "agree" and "like" posts and would suggest a "thanks" tag as well. All in all I am most grateful to be able to communicate with fellow sufferers.

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hi Mike

thank you for your feedback and we totally agree with the date and time of the latests post issue and we are working on this with our developers. So watch this space. There are a few things we still want to improve and we will be asking you our members to tell us more about what you would like. I like the idea of a thanks tag, consider it on the list.

We want to make it easy for all of you to be able to share as a community

Best Wishes

Sharon😊

• Sharon_K

Hi Phee

@phoenixoxo thank you for raisin the issue with the Poetry corner. It was in our archieves sectionas it had not been used for a while. Anyway I have dusted it down for you and made it live again. I hope you enjoy it and I lokk forward to seeing the poems

Best Wishes

Sharon😊

• phoenixoxo

Hi Sharon,

That's great! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a little dusting. I'm just going to take a look now...

Best wishes,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • phoenixoxo

Hi Sharon,

Sorry; it's me again!

I was just wondering, is it possible to use italics and bold text in posts? I tried some basic coding on my profile page, but it didn't work, unfortunately. (The codes I tried were <i> and </i> for italics and <b> and </b> for bold.)

Best wishes,

Phee

• ajolly
    ajolly Member Posts: 59

Hi Phee,

@phoenixoxo Highlight the text you want to format and either press (Ctrl + B or Ctrl + I), or highlight text and wait for pop-up box, which you can press B or I.

Best wishes,

Alice

• phoenixoxo

Hi Alice,

Ah, good old Ctrl. And a pop-up box! I hadn't even thought of that! Let's see... italic... bold... strikethrough too! Excellent, thank you!

Best wishes,

Phee

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Selecting text / pop-up box also lets you turn text to "code" format or allows you to link the text to a URL.

Clicking on the small "backwards P" to the left of the Comment Box gives even more options:

Headlines (size 2 - 5)

• Bulleted or ordered lists
      • You can also indent in lists

Quotation format

code block - for adding code to a post.

A way of hiding text behind a spoiler warning

πŸ˜ƒ

• phoenixoxo

Thanks, Brynmor. Wow, more features! I particularly like the SPOILER WARNING πŸ˜‚

I'm rushing off now (in my slow way) to prepare for the Dancing On Ice party here, but I'll definitely try out a few things when I get a chance.

Best wishes,

Phee

• Mike1

Hi. Can we have a "Mark all as read" button please. Ordinarily I read every post that is marked as "new" but with the brilliant increased usage of late there are a heck of a lot of new posts to go through which, with my slow internet speed, takes an absolute age especially when my laptop keeps freezing.

Thanks

• Sharon_K

Hi Mike if you click on your profile picture top right, there is a drop down menu and you can click on "mark all viewed" and this will then mark all the posts as read.

Hope that helps

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Hobble
    Hobble Member Posts: 83

Hi

Is there an option to edit your post!

Thanks

• Mike1

Yep, if you look at your post you will see a small cog or wheel in the top right hand corner, click on that and the drop down menu includes the edit button.

• Hobble

Thank you for your reply 😊

Unfortunately no cog, I can only see a blue star in the top right hand corner of my original post.

• Mike1

The cog/wheel is only there when you are still in that forum, when you move to something else it disappears. Basically you write your post then press "Post Comment" then read it through again, at that stage the cog/wheel is there. When you move onto another forum/subject it disappears.

• Sharon_K

Hi @Mike1 and @Hobble

what Mike says is totally correct but if you spot something you want to change at a later date you can message us and we can edit things for you

Best Wisges

Sharon

• Hobble

Thank you both 😊