Psoriatic arthritis & methotrexate; still at work?

Options
Hi folks,
Just joined the forum, so, hello! Very worried about the coronavirus situation. Just wanted to find out what other people are doing regarding going into work. I'm a 42 year old secondary school teacher with psoriatic arthritis taking methotrexate to manage the condition. I've been going into work this week but, now the schools are pretty much closed, not sure if I should be a little more careful. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation - are you still working or self isolating?
Cheers

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi RobertF77 and welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community.

As you say, the schools are now pretty much closed, although some remain open for children of key workers and the most vulnerable. The arrangements for staffing are surely sorted by your own school as to which staff are required to teach and who is not required?

Although taking methotrexate suppresses your immune system, you should not discontinue taking it unless advised to do so by your rheumatologist or rheumatology nurse.

There is an up to date page of advice on Covid-19 on our website that you may wish to read:

Best wishes

Brynmor